Ways to groom a Yorkie?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mike and I are butting heads about how we would like Cooper to be groomed. He doesn't like long hair and wants Cooper to be shaved naked. Mike hates the long hair on the side of the face and the beard. When Cooper drinks it soaks up into his beard and then he drips on Mike, which Mike is not fond of.

I refuse to shave his face down because I don't want him to look ugly. LOL So I'm trying to find a cut that would be a compromise for us both. It doesn't have to be the traditional Yorkie cut, but I'd like to get as much hair off of his face while not making him look like a little ugly rat dog.

Any suggestions?

What I did last time was clip his body with a #7, scissor his face, and put a #10 on his ears. Basically, this (only these pictures were taken after he had grown out some, not right after his groom):

Mike wants this:

I refuse. LOL

I was thinking maybe something like this modified Schnauzer cut? Only with the legs shaved, too.

JacksonsMom

Jackson's groomer usually cuts his beard on the bottom jaw really short, so it doesn't make a big mess with eating or drinking. In Jackson's case, I prefer the shaved body but keeping the face rounded. I agree, I hate the look of a too short face or shaved face!

This is my favorite look on him. I'm actually in the process of trying to grow out his bangs now because the groomer started doing more of a "visor cut" on him but it grows out too fast and then he has bangs hanging in front of his eyes, lol. I prefer this ^^ where it was more like a middle part, and pushed to each side, if you know what I mean.

Assamiea

Rocky has the hair on his bottom jaw cut short also:

This really helps with dripping, when he's all scruffy and has long beard hair we literally find puddles of water on the floor if he doesn't wipe his mouth.

He's also rocked the schnauzer cut a few times (which is adorable!), but the groomer always leaves his beard hair too long which doesn't help with dripping.

Members online

No members online now.