Preventive cost and shelf life

I live on long island and don't need flea preventive during dec-feb so I was thinking about doing the Interceptor/Frontline combo for cost effectiveness. I was also thinking about buying in bulk (12 packs) and was concerned about the shelf life. Will the stuff last ~ a year and a half under proper conditions?

Also, I can get Interceptor 12pk White Dog 51-100lb Or Cat 12-25lb #100142 and Frontline Plus 12pk Large 45-88 Lbs #104592 for $213 shipped at 1800PetMeds. Have any of you guys seen a better price?

Finally, I heard you didn't need to give the interceptor every 30 days, that every 45 days was good enough. That would save an extra 3 months worth of pills a year. Is this true or is it just a myth. I will ask my vet anyway but I wanted to know what you guys though.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I've found many places tell you the exp date on their products online, and the shelf life can be often 3-8 months. I bought my advantix online think it's good till July 08, but my dog's weight for heartguard seemed to expire even before the end of the HW season, so even a 6 pack which is all I need wouldn't last long enough.

showpug

I was always told by actual Advantage reps during my vet clinic days that the product never expires. I am unsure about Frontline or Interceptor.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
With heartguard I've been told that the chewable expires due to the meat flovouring.. It's not the meds that go bad.. so I'm not sure.

I just checked my package of interceptor I got a few months ago and it says 2009 on it. I will look to see if it mentions anything about it online.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
All Product expire and have an expire date on either the top, bottom or side of the box, its either indented or lightly stamped onto it.

If you buy fresh Interceptor packaging from the vets office (get the newest stuff and REQUEST IT) then you shuold have no problem getting a supply to last until 2009.

We had a lady come into work and buy two and a half years supply of Revolution because she was moving, we ordered in some fresh Rev and if she didn't miss a dose then she was completely fine for the amount of time she was leaving.

You should give your dog Interceptor EVERY 30 days for as long as you'd like intestinal parasite protection.
Its the best way to help prevent anything to your dog.

All Product expire and have an expire date on either the top, bottom or side of the box, its either indented or lightly stamped onto it.

If you buy fresh Interceptor packaging from the vets office (get the newest stuff and REQUEST IT) then you shuold have no problem getting a supply to last until 2009.

We had a lady come into work and buy two and a half years supply of Revolution because she was moving, we ordered in some fresh Rev and if she didn't miss a dose then she was completely fine for the amount of time she was leaving.

You should give your dog Interceptor EVERY 30 days for as long as you'd like intestinal parasite protection.
Its the best way to help prevent anything to your dog.
I was going to order from 1800petmeds. I don't see anything about expiration dates on their website. I guess I will have to email them and ask.

So there is no truth behind the claim that the interceptor is actually effective for 45 days but they say every 30 because it is easier to remember?

I checked Frontline's website:

7. Do FRONTLINE Brand Products have an expiration date?
FRONTLINE Brand Products do not carry an expiration date. We recommend storing FRONTLINE Brand Products at room temperature and keeping them sealed in their original packaging. If stored under these conditions, FRONTINE Brand Products will not expire.

1800petmeds ROCKS!!! I found some cheap a$$ internet vendor selling:

Interceptor 12pk White Dog 51-100lb Or Cat 12-25lb #100142 - $59.99
Frontline Plus 12pk Large 45-88 Lbs #104592 - $118.99

and they matched it! Not only that, they even took off the top an EXTRA 15% advertised coupon for a grand total of $152.10.

Members online

No members online now.