Can't help but share my excitement! (WARNING: Snake related)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
So I woke up this morning to this:

This is her first shed with us and I am really excited about it. My first time seeing a snake shed. It's all one piece, a little dry, if that means anything, but it also likely sat out all night on that branch.

It's just so cool! We have been saying the last few days that we can literally SEE the change in her size. She's much wider now and seems a bit longer, and she's getting so much more comfortable and confident now when she's out and about, and using a lot more strength to hold her head up and look around, etc..

I'm just in general very excited about it -- I never thought I'd really get that "into" having snakes, but this little girl is wrapping her way around my heart and I am just so amazed by how COOL SNAKES ARE! lol

Snark

Mutts to you
Not really a snake person, I think they're interesting but not inclined to have one as a pet... What kind do you have?

We've had more than our fair share of snakes showing up this year. This fellow showed up on the porch one weekend, I thought he/she was rather pretty. Saw another, smaller black rat snake by the garden last weekend, and a plain, light brown snake (about 4ft long) in the garden (I decided not to weed that day. :p )

We named this one, Sam:

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Ours are red tail boas. The one I posted a picture of above is just a baby, only 6 weeks old. Our male is a year old and about 4 feet.

Before we got these guys I never would have thought of them as pets either, but I really enjoy them.

Members online