How Much Food?

tucksmom

I think most people aren't use to seeing dogs at a healthy weight-at least most people I know. My mother in law was recently offended by our (we have the same one) vet telling her that her shih tzu mix was overweight. When she told me, I just sort of nodded, while thinking, yes, she is overweight. My mother also thinks our dogs are a tad thin-hers are very overweight too :(

Our vet says both Rocky and Tucker are right where they should be.

I kinda pay attention to calories in the food plus how much I'm scooping out, and treats too. I think my boys would eat all day long if I let them :)

elegy

overdogged
I am the epitome of bad dog owner- if my dogs are at my parents' house and they insist on feeding them five hundred milkbones apiece... i cut back the amount of food they get for dinner :-X

Nobody has died from starvation yet. Although Mushroom is convinced he's close.

SpringerLover

I am the epitome of bad dog owner- if my dogs are at my parents' house and they insist on feeding them five hundred milkbones apiece... i cut back the amount of food they get for dinner :-X

Nobody has died from starvation yet. Although Mushroom is convinced he's close.
That's exactly what I did when I was actually/actively training my dogs. Often they got nothing for dinner... because it was consumed in training!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My dogs don't get dinner most days. Actually almost everything they eat is delivered in training. They're small and there's not much wiggle room.

Summer's appetite is so-so sometimes when it comes to eating out of a bowl but she will inhale food forever during training. go figure.

She also would live off of milkbones if I let her. It's a super jackpot treat for her, which I find odd.

Members online

No members online now.