Please Neuter

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I prefer intact males, yes but since all the other animals are natured or spayed the infect animal for some reason doesn't mesh well with them.

SO ... If I had to choose btw neutering (I have never really seen a change in behavior in male as much as I have in females) & possibly having to deal with a huge fight(s), possible vet bills & crating/rotating, I of course lot to neuter.

Females I spay partly because of the risk of pyrometera, & partly because I LIKE the behavior changes in females after spay ... Intact females are to me too horny/bitchy/moody/fickle for my tastes.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Females I spay partly because of the risk of pyrometera, & partly because I LIKE the behavior changes in females after spay ... Intact females are to me too horny/bitchy/moody/fickle for my tastes.
I'm horny, bitchy, moody, and fickle myself, so I commiserate with my girls and don't grudge them their bouts of hormonal behavior. I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to that, lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm horny, bitchy, moody, and fickle myself, so I commiserate with my girls and don't grudge them their bouts of hormonal behavior. I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to that, lol.
Which is why I want/need a dog that is NOT like me. Which is why if I ever would have an intact anything it would be a male.

Plus a moody/fickle working dog who's work ethic is effected isn't good for me either.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Clearly my bitches are missing out on this whole hormonal cycles changing their personalities thing. Pepper has only once (and I do mean literally one time, one moment) acted like a complete ***** and that was with neutered Auggie...

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mira isn't spayed and she is definitely a pyro. Or maybe it just seemed that way because I was roasting a marshmallow and she wanted it. So maybe I'm the pyro. Still, I am intact as well so I suppose it fits.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Plus a moody/fickle working dog who's work ethic is effected isn't good for me either.
LOL it doesn't affect my girls' work ethic in the least. I dare say it doesn't affect the work ethic of any semi-decent working dog.

My girls aren't any more emotional than a spayed female unless we're in the days surrounding or in their heat cycles. And even then, it's pretty mild. Certainly nothing that disrupts our lives or their work ethic.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
LOL it doesn't affect my girls' work ethic in the least. I dare say it doesn't affect the work ethic of any semi-decent working dog.
This. If you have to take away part of a dog for it to be able to work, then... well... I question how strong of a work ethic they really have to begin with. :p

Saeleofu

This! Logan was working with an intact bitch RIGHT NEXT TO HIM for almost 2 hours last night. If anything, he worked harder than he usually does!

Romy

Taxiderpy
This! Logan was working with an intact bitch RIGHT NEXT TO HIM for almost 2 hours last night. If anything, he worked harder than he usually does!
This was my experience with Strider when he was intact. He paid extra super close attention to me and did everything flawlessly. Since he was trained mostly through positive methods I think he was hoping I'd set him up on a date as a reward. :rofl1:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I prefer intact males, yes but since all the other animals are natured or spayed the infect animal for some reason doesn't mesh well with them.

SO ... If I had to choose btw neutering (I have never really seen a change in behavior in male as much as I have in females) & possibly having to deal with a huge fight(s), possible vet bills & crating/rotating, I of course lot to neuter.

To be honest Cricket has become more bitchy/moody/fickle after I spayed her. In fact, if I had it to do again she would still be intact and I regret that I spayed her but what's done is done. She still is very attentive to me, always has been, but she is a little more assertive and snarky with other dogs now.... Not always, but definitely more than she was prior to me spaying her.

Dekka

Just try me..
Its hard to tell what spaying does because most people do it on a young dog. (like under 4) Increased snarkiness could just be maturity.

Dekka who was spayed on the table at 4 showed no change in behavior being spayed. I think I will plan to spay bitches I have after I am done breeding them.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer was spayed after 4 and Nikki after 6 and they both remained the same. Nikki was bitchy, bossy, and moody before and stayed that way. Summer was an easygoing doll with no mean bone in her body- and stayed that way. I don't think that has much to do with intact vs spayed at all.

I will always spay the girls I have. I wish I hadn't spayed Mia as early as I did (under 2) but I would still have spayed her probably after 2-3 years.

FWIW Mia seems pretty well the same as prior to her spay as far as bitchyness goes. I think she has gotten more snarky in the past 2 years but she's also more mature. I would not attribute snarkiness at 2 or 3 years old to a spay. I would think it was mostly maturity...

Members online

No members online now.