Getting smoke smell out after a fire

milos_mommy

The other night, my Dad lit our toaster oven on fire. It was a pretty small fire, but scorched the cabinet above it and the tile backsplash.

We opened the windows, put fans on, etc...got rid of the toaster. The smell has improved, but it's not gone, it smells like a smoker's house.

Aside from the usual bowls of vinegar, cooking apples and cinnamon on the stove, is there anything I can wipe the wood cabinets/tile/countertop down with that can get the smell out?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Charcoal. Crushed up and in bowls. My Mom accidentally set something on fire in our kitchen last year. You'll want bowls on charcoal in every room. Even a minute of fire damage cause cause smoke issues in your entire house, into fabrics.

milos_mommy

Charcoal. Crushed up and in bowls. My Mom accidentally set something on fire in our kitchen last year. You'll want bowls on charcoal in every room. Even a minute of fire damage cause cause smoke issues in your entire house, into fabrics.
I'll see if we have any outside, that's another good idea.

Apparently my brother caught the fire because he noticed the smoke upstairs before he smelled it. If I actually sniff the upholstery it smells fine except for the curtains right where it happened (which desperately need to burned themselves and replaced, they're horrifically dingy)

Members online

No members online now.