Hannah's growling agian

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok since the move Hannah has been having issues. I have tried combating these issues by keeping up with NILIF and more obedience everyday. She seemed to have calmed down with the growling and aggressive behavior and then this morning Mark walked out and she growled at him he said "no" in a stern voice and she kept growling at him. From the dog food forum I have found an article posted by Mordy that some dogs that have territory aggression caused by fear have hightened issues due to high protein foods. I was wondering if maybe I should try feeding her a lower protein food and keeping up with the NILIF and obedience. I try having Mark spend obedience time with her too but he's really busy with work and no he's doing side work so he's not home a lot. I want to get her in to see a behaviorist but it's expensive and we just can't afford it at this time. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to help her. I don't know but I do think that the one night she had to stay with my sister in law and her family after the incident I think they may have hurt her in some way (physically). Could this be the problem?

BostonBanker

I think someone posted an article that said otherwise, but I know a trainer friend of mine claims she has seen aggression issues escalate when dogs are on high protein diets. She currently has a dog in rescue who was turned in by her owners when she began nipping at the kids; the problem started when the dog switched to a high protein kibble, and has stopped completely now that she is back on regular Innova.

I certainly think that if the aggression issues have gotten worse and there has been a diet change, it is worth trying her on a different feed.

showpug

Weren't you trying to feed raw as well recently? I second trying her back on less protein...like regular Innova.

The food may be an issue, but my first choice for the culprit would be a combination all of the emotional turmoil lately, having to move, along with all of the anger that's been directed at you and the very real possibility that someone hurt her at your sister-in-law's . . .

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Yeah we are experimenting with raw, we just started less than a month ago. We're gonna take her in to see a vet, agian, to rule out any physical problems. Hopefully we'll get her in next week. We're gonna try her on regular Innova too since our vet said to just try that and see if that helps and if it doesn't help in a month than seriously consider a personal trainer. We're gonna keep up with the NILIF and also obedience and just keep an extra close eye on her. She's not shown an aggressive side at all to any kids and is still herself around all the kids. I just hope nothing did happen to her at my sister in law's I could never forgive myself if something did happen to her. She just never acted like this until we switched to the Evo and until the one night she was left at my sister in law's alone. I won't give up on her though I will do whatever I can to fix this.

Members online

No members online now.