Bounce, our little longhaired whippet

Yep, it's true. Seems kind of surreal though.

I was home early evening yesterday for a bit, let her, Dash and Seren out to go potty, then put them back as I had to go to town.

Kerri was home a little later, and let them out in the fenced yard, and I came home while they were out there.

An hour or so later when we went to bring them in for dinner, she didn't come in. Thought maybe she'd got out of the fence, so Kerri went out looking. Saw something in the dog yard, came in and told me. I went out with the flashlight, and sure enough. Just lying there, like she was asleep, no injury, trauma, nothing. Gone.

Kerri has since learned that it could have been a heart issue that occasionally occurs in the breed, I'm sure she'll be able to shed more light on that later. (She had to work today.)

Kind of sucks, between this and Kerri's cousin last week, we've had two, very unexpected, surreal kind of deaths to deal with.

Two weeks ago with Dash.

Some random pics of her, stolen from Kerri's photobucket.

On the prowl....

Her and Dash playing in the snow, they had their own play method that was pretty unique to them.

Seems I've got a job to go do today that I'm not looking forward to.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I am so sorry for your loss :( both yours and Kerri's
Bounce was lucky to have such a loving home with people who adored her.. it's so sad when things like this happen

((HUGS))

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
No! :( Bounce and Dash made me fall in love with longhaired whippets.
I'm so, so sorry! Rest easy, sweet girl.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh no! How shocking and sad! :( I've always really loved Bounce. She was such a gorgeous gorgeous dog.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Omg this is such a shock. I just... I don't even know what to say. Bounce was one of my absolutely favorite dogs on here hands down and it just doesn't seem real that she is actually gone. I'm so so sorry to you, Kerri and MP. Bounce free across the rainbow bridge sweet girl. We will miss you.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG... no way... I'm so sorry you guys. =< Run free Bounce. I'm just stunned. ((((((HUGS))))))

Dekka

Just try me..
I am in shock. She was so vibrant such a short time ago. I can't imagine what happened.

No we are not getting a necropsy done. She will be buried here with Zoe and Toby and a horse (Riven)

Good bye dear sweet whippety beast.. may you run circles around all those waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Down memory lane...

A dog was never named so aptly

She slept in the strangest of contortions.. <3 anyone?

A few years back I took her to Rolex with me.

Dekka

Just try me..
We did some agility

We did some racing

Though we almost always brought home the 'turtle award'

We did some conformation.. even though we had issues keeping our feet on the ground

We also did silly

She was a consummate chair stealer

This picture is particularly sad

Dekka

Just try me..
She and Dekka didn't' have much in common, other than having to put up with their 'mom's' strange habit of making them look silly and then taking pictures and posting them on the internet.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh my gosh. No words. I'm so, so, sorry. I loved Bounce so much, what a sweet girl. I feel privileged to have met her. Finnegan loved her.

Members online