Small Breeds Working.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Toby's AMAZING. He's on youtube too. YouTube - Chinese Crested, Toby, weight pulling 3

And Momo, the Japanese SAR chihuahua who will be used to fit into small crevices to find people after earthquakes.
YouTube - Chihuahua Becomes Japans Smallest Search Rescue Dog

She's not a trained working dog, but this chi stopped a rattlesnake from biting her toddler buddy and suffered a snakebite in the process. So she definitely counts as a hero dog and not a bitey yappy thing.
Tiny Chihuahua Steps Between Rattlesnake, Toddler - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I would LOVE to get Lucy into agility. I think she would be awesome at it.

Chihuahuas in agility:

(Mixy)

lizzybeth727

Look up "hearing dogs," most of them are small breeds. Hearing dogs are a type of assistance dog, who alert deaf people to sounds. They don't have to be big to do the job, and small dogs are usually easier when you're taking your dog on airplanes and restaurants and such.

*brag* Today I pulled a shih tzu from a high-kill shelter, to start training as a hearing dog. :) If he works out and finishes training, it'll be our first shih tzu hearing dog. :D Fingers crossed!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
*brag* Today I pulled a shih tzu from a high-kill shelter, to start training as a hearing dog. :) If he works out and finishes training, it'll be our first shih tzu hearing dog. :D Fingers crossed!
That's great! Good luck to both of you! :D

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
Of course, we have Andrew the maltese! an amazing performance maltese who is owned by Laurie Williams! Andrew has tones of agility and rally obedience titles.
He also proved in the Greatest American Dog that a malt can be as good as any other big dog in the challenges and competitions that they were in. Andrew was the only small pup among another two bigger dogs.

Here is a page to another Performance maltese
Home to performance maltese

My signature basically speaks a little about what my two maltese (Snowy & Crystal) can and love to do ;)

Dekka

Just try me..
Ah lol, well that wouldnt' help me much..

though high five to a fellow runner in the 10 inch jump height!

Members online

No members online now.