Large Banners, long signatures...

BuckarooT35

Cooper's Mom
I am confused everytime I read a post here...For such a short answer to a post, all I see are long signatures and long banners. Some of them are as bad as the Win an Ipod advertisement. Most of the time I have to look for the reply to the post because the banners are glaring and annoying. What about those people in dial-up? How can they ever navigate this site? I know everyone here is proud of their babies...so am I but does it have to be push down my throat everytime I come here? How about taming the banners even just a little bit...???

This is my venting for the day...Sorry..............really sorry...as this is a good site if not for what I just said above...

Cooper's Mom

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I really like the siggies, banners, and quotes. Do not find them annoying. And isn't there a way to block them for people on dialup?

Haven't there been like a million threads on this same topic?

OP, go to your User CP, select EDIT OPTIONS and click off the things you don't want to be annoyed by.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
User CP --> Edit Options --> Thread Display Options --> deselect show signatures and whatever else bothers you.

BuckarooT35

Cooper's Mom
Haven't there been like a million threads on this same topic?

OP, go to your User CP, select EDIT OPTIONS and click off the things you don't want to be annoyed by.
Thanks. That is a big help. I am sorry I asked but I am just new here ... just a few weeks old in this list. I wasn't here when the topic was discussed. I know people are very proud of their dogs, I am too...but I am easily distracted like my puppy is at his Novice class tonight. Please do not get me wrong. I am more into information than images. Being a photographer, images has been a big part of my life. When I go to groups, I just want a rest from it. Thanks for reading my post...

DaVinci

I don't know but I find it something that I had 4 pm's to me about the size of my first picture in my siggy and then all the people complaining had these long things. I was upset thought about leaving but I wanted to be-able to talk about DaVinci to some one. so a buckled under changed it and deal with all these huge siggy's. I guess when I have 1000 posts I can do the same thing to a new person and make them feel bad.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I don't know but I find it something that I had 4 pm's to me about the size of my first picture in my siggy and then all the people complaining had these long things. I was upset thought about leaving but I wanted to be-able to talk about DaVinci to some one. so a buckled under changed it and deal with all these huge siggy's. I guess when I have 1000 posts I can do the same thing to a new person and make them feel bad.
Was it a moderator? And was it about your current signature?

And as for the bolder portion.. really? Come now... since we aren't privy to the details of the PM's, we can't really know the full story and no, don't post the PM on the forum. But if there are problems, let a moderator know.

noludoru

Bored Now.
DaVinci, I'd like to know exactly how big that sig was. Because I've seen some CRAZY stuff on here, IMO, that people have kept for weeks without removal. Was it like 600 pixels tall or something?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
DaVinci, your first siggy was HUGE! Even by this forum's standards!

Your current sig is lovely, try not to be so upset.

On the topic: This is the only forum I've been on that's so lax about sig size, and honestly, I love it! So much freedom of expression! It may be harder to sift through at first, but once you've been here a while and you've gotten used to everyone's signatures, you can easily tune them out and just read the posts. I only see siggies these days when I notice something new!

Members online