Looking for book supplier in Canada

ResOps

I'm trying to avoid duty/border charges and am looking for a book supplier in Canada that has
Schutzhund Obedience:training in drive with Gottfried Dildei -author Sheila Booth.
Appreciate any help possible. :D

sam

You shouldn't have to pay duty on books.
I order tons of books from amazon.ca and have never had to. The other nice thing is if you spend more than $30 shipping is free. Amazon has had every title I've wanted - even really obscure herding books etc-- they aren't always in stock but I can usually get them in 6 weeks or less.

If you just really want to support a Canadian dog book company try Mungo's books (I can get the exact website if you want it) I know the gal who owns it. She's located in Calgary.It's trying to be sort of the Canadian version of dogwise.com)

Saje

Island dweller
amazon.ca and chapters/indigo are both good book sources in Canada. Sam, you didn't have to pay any extra because you are shipping from Canada to Canada.

I'm not sure about Canadian stores that focus on just dog books though. Doc might know.

ResOps

I searched for it Sam and couldnt find it so if you can I would appreciate it. Funny thing the book is averaging $80 on Amazon yet Dogwise sell it for $28 and so do a few others.
I have bought alot of paintball equipment stateside and always taken a big hit in 'brokerage fees'. Thats why I was hoping to get it here.
Thanks again for the reply ~Res

ResOps

amazon.ca and chapters/indigo are both good book sources in Canada. Sam, you didn't have to pay any extra because you are shipping from Canada to Canada.

I'm not sure about Canadian stores that focus on just dog books though. Doc might know.
Already checked there Saje and they don't list it :(

ResOps

Wow Saje good find :hail: Thanks for the help it is really appreciated. I just found this forum yesterday and already beena great resource for me. We are getting a new GSD in April and I am going to try the Schutzhund technique of training. I have been searching this side of the boarder for some time now. Tx again

sam

Wow, that's funny that you've found prices higher at amazon than dogwise. I'm shocked. I would order everything from dogwise and Mungos if I could affored it but amazon has always been MUCH cheaper for me. I'd rather support smaller dog related businesses than huge giants like amazon.

The great thing about amazon too is that amazon.ca can get books from amazon.com or amazon.uk which is what just happened with my herding book

Sage - I was told by a retailer that books are duty free. She might have been wrong tho. My Dad bring in lots of business books and texts from the US and I *think* he said he doesn't have to pay anything other than shipping.

contact info for Mungo's books : [email protected] her name is Laurie I think. I don't know why I can't come up with a website but if you e-mail her and specify the titles you want, she should eb able to get them in.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh that's too bad that it goes to dogwise. So close!

Sam, I've only used amazon.ca and chapters so I wouldn't know! I just know I've had some surprise charges when I've shipped other things from the US :mad:

Saje

Island dweller
You know, you can probably call smaller bookstores that aren't online and see if they carry it. If they do I'm sure they'll mail it. I get a lot of my stuff from health food stores that way.

ResOps

You know, you can probably call smaller bookstores that aren't online and see if they carry it. If they do I'm sure they'll mail it. I get a lot of my stuff from health food stores that way.
Saje I tried all the locals around here but the ISBN number comes up as invalid so they wont bother to look further. Gonna try Sam's contact - will post my results :)

ResOps

Welll Sams contact was a winner- Book should be ordered in the morning. Tx to both for all your help.

ResOps

yah can't wait till it gets here - puppy won't be here till mid April and I'm so excited. Tx again :D

Members online

No members online now.