Scooter LOVES Kiwi

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
My Cockatiel Scooter has a pretty natural diet. He gets Kaytee Cockatiel Rainbow kibble he loves it. I feed him the kibble mixed with seed one day and every other day I cook for him. I have bags of frozen foods for him muffins and such. Yesterday i was eating a Kiwi and Scooter was on my shoulder talking about himself :rolleyes: when he hopped down onto my plate stole a piece of my kiwi and flew off to the top of my dresser eating it (btw he finally has got the hang of flying and landing and his wings are grown out to wear he fly higher. He ended up stealing anouther piece of kiwi later lol moochie thing.

I thought it was adorable because he rarely steals from my plate other then when im eating Pasta or one of the veggies he's partial to. I don't mind it its perfectly safe he's a healthy clean bird and is a dainty eater and only down fall is his dandruff .

Just thought I would share since I don't mention Scoot much but he is a big part of my everyday life .

I love it, Pits. You've got such a wide variety of critters - critters that ordinarily either don't get along or actually have a prey/predator relationship - and they live peaceably. Is your last name Doolittle by any chance? :D

avenlee

awww! They are funny animals! I have an Umbrella Cockatoo named Reagan. He's going on 15 months old now. He's such a sweetheart and loves the Kaytee rainbow mix. He always goes for the green ones :rolleyes: They really are great birds. Cockatiels and the like. He'll hear me come in from work and say HELLO and he'll skawk. He dances with me whenever I have music on. I'll let him out of his cage and he will walk around the house and Sadie, Nora or Fagan won't bother with him. Its sweet to watch them together.

He hasn't gotten used to people food which I'm always trying to get him to. I do feed him seeds, but don't want his diet to be all seed. People have told me to let him see me eating the food and they will be curious enough to try a bite, but nope ... in time I bet though. He does like apples! (the one and only food I can feed him) I guess its a start.

OHHHH BTW PITS, if your reading this. CONGRATS on the puppies! I was gone all weekend and missed out on the anticipation/joyful time. I enjoyed reading the thread this morning. They are simply gorgeous. I'm glad everything and everyone turned out so well. Big pat on the back for you! You deserve it! ((((((HUGS)))))

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks Avenlee :)!

Yeah I should have the last name Doolittle with the Zoo im harboring lol. I do love Cockatiels and Cockatoos im not sure if its just those funny crests or what but they just seem to have the most personality.

Scooter Dances with me too ;)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awww, he sounds cute! :D Even though I am absolutely terrified of birds!!!!! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.