How do I pick a Golden Retriever puppy/puppy? That is for me?

Well, I am getting a puppy, and now I am pretty sure its going to be a Golden Retriever. :) But, I want a puppy a little laid back, (sort of) But then again entergetic, and that will pay attention to me. And one that is eager to learn, and loves me at first site. How can I pick such a puppy? Tips? Thank you for reading!

Herschel

Find one and the shelter that is around 2 years old. Visit with the dog a few times so you can get a feel for its personality.

If a dog is under two years old, it will be very difficult for you to get an accurate judge of its true personality.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I think she/he is going through a breeder...well it sounds like that from her other posts.

What I would do is let the puppy pick you...I mean let a puppy come up to YOU and if it is meant to be your pup it will know that and so will you! :)

Best of Luck!

showpug

Get the book How To Raise A Puppy You Can Live With by Rutherford and Neil. Read it and pay special attention to the temperment testing and section on puppy temperment. This will help you select the right puppy.

Remember, select your breeder and then wait for a pup! Don't find the pup first and settle for any breeder. Waiting lists can be long for quality dogs.

bubbatd

You beat me to it Showpug !!! One litter both daughters were taking a puppy . The had each chosen one , but at about 7 weeks , I took off all markings that they knew and did new markings ( I kept note of who was who ) . They did the testing and both came up with different pups from their original picks . Perfect matches !! I hope you can visit the pups often and check on the weekly progress. Get " THE " book !

Members online

No members online now.