What are your goals?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'd like to get at least an entry level title for Em in agility, obedience, and rally. We'll see where we are after that.

Bloo... really, I'd love to just enter the ring, in whatever it is, and have her stick with me without getting overwhelmed by the environment.

Shadow and Copper are just pets and will likely always be just pets. I might dabble into rally with Copper one day, but really... I'd rather spend that money trialing "my" dogs.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Kim and Webster have both already far exceeded my goals.

Mira has reached my goals in some areas and we're still working on others. I'd like to finish her CDX if I ever grt around to training in competition obedience again. She's halfway to her MACH and I'd like to finish that as well and go to Nationals. Both very attainable goals for her if we would stop taking huge breaks for puppies, field, moving, heat cycles...

As for Lodin's path, we'll worry about goals once his growth plates close :)

Marsh will likely stop after CDX. He'll most likely be trained through Utility, but he does obedience because I ask him to. I'd love to put MX MXJ on him, but we'll see if I ever get around to running him in AKC agility. Our pipe dream goal is a WC - he has the skills I just don't know if fixing his gunfire problem is a priority.

Pilot is all dreams at this point. :) MACH UDX MH... really my biggest dream with him is to qualify for the Master National.

monkeys23

Well Scout's behavioral training has taken precedence for the most part.
I am hoping to enter her in a tracking trial at the end of the year though. I took her to a tracking match in April. I was a volunteer, not a participant because I wanted to see what she made of the environment with the other dogs and I didn't think we were well enough prepared not having tracked for a while as the snow just came off. We should've participated, I think she'd have done really well.

I have no idea if we'll ever make it to trial, but I keep working toward IPO goals with Scout. She keeps rising to the occasion too, so who knows. My goal is to enjoy and learn from the dog I have right now.

Lily is almost 8 and has some stiffness from an old injury. Given that there are days she chooses not to sit because its uncomfortable even with management... yeah probably no trialing. We still train with specific goals in mind and make good progress, she'd go nuts if she weren't doing something. Also she does some moving sheep work at my parent's ranch periodically. She loves that. She is so great. I'd like to try laser therapy on her leg when I save up enough, so maybe that'll help.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
To get a dog.

When I do get a dog, agility is defiant. Whether it's just doing it for fun, or doing actual competition. I'd love to compete in USDAA, or NADAC. There are a bizzalion dog agility clubs/centers, so finding one isn't the issue, picking what one I'm interested in, is. Dock dogs sounds like a blast, but it would depend on the dog I have. I just love watching it, actually training,& competing in it, sounds like oh-so-much fun.

:rofl1: Is sad that I'm already planning? I also have planned out what toys,leashes, collars,treat,& other things I get. When I go to pet stores, I go into the dog section,& look at the supplies, more than the cat stuff. Then I spend my free time looking on petfinder, craiglist, other rescue or adoption sites. Look up dog collars, treats, any dog supplies. I think I have issue. This isn't normal , I don't own a dog, or even have one as a family pet.

Gambit- not growling at the neighbors, not freaking out whenever he sees people. The not growling is doable, the freaking out thing will probably always be a goal. Change up his meds
Gimmick- Ignoring people. He is not a social butterfly, and I do not need him to be, but I don't want him to worry about strangers either. Possibly starting some agility. I would love to do dock dogs with him, but there's nowhere anywhere close that does it.
Quiddich- Get a home! Our loftier goals are intermediate training class, and a CGC. The CGC may be a longer term one, but as long as he lives here, we're working towards it.
Future Persian- Survive the boys!

Goals lulz. Usually my goals are things like "I'd sure like to finish this skijor race without getting hurt" or "Wouldn't it be nice to get a qualifying score on a rally course someday?" To be fair, Squash does have an RN, but I probably won't pursue any more there. We're in foundations agility right now. Wouldn't it be nice to get a Q on an agility course? I don't even know what the titles ARE.

I mostly just want to get to the end, look back, and know we tried different stuff together and had fun doing it without anything bad happening.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I don't have huge goals for my current dogs. When I got Rowan I had dreams of putting a MACH on him, but now he's 8 years old and not even ready to compete yet so who knows if that's still doable. I DO want to get his CA at the end of September, and work up to his CAX, tests permitting. Otherwise we'll probably just dabble in various things. Oh! I also want his CGC.

I don't have any goals for titles with Riff, but I do want to try out dock diving and flyball with him. My biggest goal for him is to improve his stranger danger problems. He's come a LONG way since I got him, and he'll never be social with strangers which is fine, but I want him to be able to be free of anxiety around people. A CGC would be awesome but we're definitely not there yet.

Next dog will be worked from the start. We'll keep coursing and get some agility titles. Other than that, it depends on what the dog enjoys.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Kimma - Oh we're going all the way. Hopefully. If she can get over her random bouts of anxiety at trial sites. I'm reaching for the MACH, maybe an RAE, and I would LIKE a CDX. Most of it honestly depends on money. Can't enter trials if I don't have money and/or can't afford to take off time from work since I work most weekends.

Jari - Get him to the point where he can run a full agility course at a trial. I will be pretty pumped about that haha.

Bubbles - Therapy dog. Just need to devote a bit more time to her training and she should be good for it.

Pen - He's pretty much perfect.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I really want to do OB, CD eventually would be nice. Not in the front of my mind right now though. CGC is what we're working on right now, just to give us a measuring stick in terms of leash walking. I do want to do some disc competitions because Feist loves disc sooo much, so it'd be a good experience working in a crowd. Dock diving seems wicked fun, but no goals there other than do it. I want to be competing in agility, I don't really have goals for that other than go really fast and have fun. :rofl1:

iriskai

I really want to get Mimi in the Top 20 this year for AKC conformation. We're close, but not there yet. Longer term goals, I'd love to put a MACH on her.

Ezzie, we're still finding goals. I think he may turn out to be a decent agility dog now that he's decided he likes it. I also want to do therapy with him.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Step 1: obtain a dog. :p

With future dog, I'd like to play in dock diving, agility and scent detection. Possibly rally/obedience.

but yah, really very much would like to do dock diving, please. I keep telling Allie I will make Finn a dock diving dog yet. Nobody believes me. :p

Which day are you doing? I am helping...um...one or both?
Are you going to be here the whole time that Kristen is here?
Right now the plan is to do the 7pm on Wednesday, drive out that morning, meet up with Kristen while Megan is at work? I don't know, I don't really "plan." :lol-sign:

What I'd really like to do is camp somewhere overnight, so that when I'm coming home I can stop in Steven's Point for field training club.

I do just have to double check that I can trade my shift at work (Megan which is why I haven't sent you any confirmative emails)

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
my goal is to do herding trials with border collie pup. maybe some flyball to.
for laika I want to get her in to dock diving or weight pull

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
For Talon I'd love to win a disc competition and complete a freestyle routine. I'd also like to get him into an agility class, though that's been my goal for a while and it just doesn't seem to be happening. -_- The one training place that I love doesn't do agility other than "agility for fun." The other place that does agility has at least 10 dogs per class and can be iffy on controling your dog during the summer months so idk. My other choice just isn't good at managing the class, but dogs are crated when not running. hmph

For Artimis I just want to start training him in obedience or rally. I think he'd do well and it would help his confidence.

Members online

No members online now.