The Venting Thread

k9krazee

Yesterday, I was told I would be able to buy my horse back. Today, I'm told that he is going to someone else who has previously shown interest in him. My heart is broken.

Nobody on this earth knows how much that horse means to me or what he got me through. I kick myself daily for letting him go in the first place.
Oh, I'm so sorry :(

My vent: I made a video of Crossbone's six month pupdate....and it's going to take 8 hours to export :-/

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ugh. I wish we had exotic-savvy vets where I work. Pretty suspicious that one of my rats has mites, but the vets I work with don't do exotics sooo that means I'll have to like, spend real money and whatnot on this lol. So I suppose I'll have to get an appointment for him on Thursday, but it sucks because Thursday is the ONLY day of the week that the vet I'd prefer to see doesn't work.

I suppose I could just order some Revolution from work, treat him and see what happens... but I feel like I should do it the proper way and actually have him looked at.

And plus. Ew bugs.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We cut into the rest of the laundry room wall today... and found mold... but it appears to only be on the paper on the back of the drywall so we may not have to cut out and patch, just peel off the paper and paint with Kilz.
The floor under my water heater doesn't look very good and might be rotted. So we might have to pull out the water heater and replace that. And if we do there's really not much sense in putting the almost 70 year old water heater back in... I knew I was going to need a new one at some point but I didn't think it would be quite so soon that I'd have to dish out... my dad says he's still not sure. But he thinks I should get a tankless water heater if so, and he has a lot of great points I agree with, but they are about three times as much as a regular water heater. *sigh* My dad talking me into things is how I've ended up still not living in my house nine months later...

If we don't have to pull out the water heater it's possible he will be able to patch up the floor this week. And if he does that we can start laying my new kitchen floor. And if THAT happens things should be able to start moving along quickly...
but I still won't be moved in by my birthday. =<

SpringerLover

We ended up at the e-vet tonight. Because I gave Buzz a trachea and trusted him not to choke on the last piece of it. Yeah, well... he's never getting anything to chew on again. Long story short, he started struggling to breathe, I panicked, shoved my hand down his throat twice, listened to him take very shallow breaths, called Lauren, panicked some more, shrieked a little, and when we made it to the parking lot of our building he vomited some yellow and white bile... then started breathing normally. NO chunks of anything at all. We went to the e-vet anyways, because peace of mind.

Never again. I hand fed him tonight. We're rechecking his thyroid levels ASAP. Terrifying.

I had a nice relaxing long weekend. Stuffed kongs, that is all my friend, stuffed kongs.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Even my roommate has commented on how freakishly co-dependent he's been this week.

Alarmingly Clingy Dog has now flipped his everloving **** because either a car backfired or there were gunshots or some other really loud noise happened. He is whining and crying and panting uncontrollably and trying to crawl into my skin.

I'm done with this tonight.

HE IS GETTING DRUGGED.

The smaller RIR is still pretty small. The larger of the Welsummers is huge.

Welsummer keeps perching on the food and water dish, but I can't really raise it. I need to get the stock tank ready, that will have more room for good perches.

We ended up at the e-vet tonight. Because I gave Buzz a trachea and trusted him not to choke on the last piece of it. Yeah, well... he's never getting anything to chew on again. Long story short, he started struggling to breathe, I panicked, shoved my hand down his throat twice, listened to him take very shallow breaths, called Lauren, panicked some more, shrieked a little, and when we made it to the parking lot of our building he vomited some yellow and white bile... then started breathing normally. NO chunks of anything at all. We went to the e-vet anyways, because peace of mind.

Never again. I hand fed him tonight. We're rechecking his thyroid levels ASAP. Terrifying.

I had a nice relaxing long weekend. Stuffed kongs, that is all my friend, stuffed kongs.
Poor Buzz! And poor you! (((HUGS))) I would be scared to death.

DJEtzel

lajisdlkjaf;lkjd

First, got an email from the realtor and a place we were looking at leasing that isn't too big/fancy was way over our budget unfortunately, and we sort of fell in love with it. :(

Then, Brian messages me to tell me that his sister WASN'T planning to take him to a board meeting tonight an hour north of here, because she has plans afterwards... but I have to work and I've been using his car because mines in the shop. If I knew it wouldn't work out I would have taken a rental from the dealership, but I didn't think I needed it for anything. Now she's re-nigged and IDK what to do about work tonight/the board meeting.

sigh.

For once, in the whole history of Megan and I's friendship, I was the calm one.
:lol-sign: That's good! It's always helpful if someone's calm when you're freaking out everywhere.

Jack choked on a trachea once. Of course, he was much more concerned with the fact that I was taking something away from him (out of his throat) than he was with the fact that he couldn't breathe. :rolleyes:

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
The indoor cat snuck out last night and returned this morning with a sizable puncture on his neck. ARGH. Bad kitty!!! He's a pretty good hunter but based on the puncture I think he met a tough city rat that put up a fight. He's clearly in pain and needs to be seen, so now I'm trying to find a way to get him in today.

SpringerLover

For once, in the whole history of Megan and I's friendship, I was the calm one.
I listened to you on the phone with the e-vet and was like "If I'd had to call them, they wouldn't have actually heard any words."

SO glad that's over with. And hey, now we know where that "closest e-vet is" for the NEVER GOING TO NEED IT future.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Found one of my dad's pills for his diabetes on the floor. He knows the ferrets run around this room. He didn't even bother to tell me he dropped a pill.

So mad. So incredibly mad.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Is it possible he didn't know he dropped it? :confused:
I don't know, I doubt it. I mean, you take out a pill, you put pill in mouth and swallow. If there's no pill in your mouth, but you took it out... It went somewhere, one would think.

I mean, im not as mad about it now -- i found it, not the ferrets. Im still going to have a talk with him about it, though.

ETA: "Oh, I meant to call home and tell somebody to sweep there and find it, I forgot." :wall::wall:

Last edited:

Locke

There's a dog in rescue...I desperately want this dog...I NEED this dog.

But boyfriend wants to wait "until he feels ready", and future BIL does not want any animals "because of the mess", even though I dogsat my parent's standard poodle for a week last week and he loved him, and never mentioned any mess (because there wasn't any). Before we moved in together I asked if I could get a dog eventually and he said yes. Right before we moved, he said he was bringing one of their family cats!! But now he says he doesn't want any pets because of the mess?? What MESS??!! Poodles don't shed. My parent's dog wore socks in the house so he wouldn't mark the new floors, and I will do the same with new poodle if that makes any difference.

I will be fully responsible for the dog, I have a lot of money put away in case of any emergencies. My parents and sister are both able to watch the dog if we want to go out for a night or weekend away or whatever. My BF knows how dedicated I am to my pets, BIL loved my parents' dog and saw that I take care of my pets well and they are not a bother to anyone else.

There is NO GOOD REASON for me to not get this dog. FCCCKKK!!!!!!

Grab

Leggy puppies who don't respect baby gates and jump into the cat box area to have a snack are gross.

Members online

No members online now.