Dog panty thief?

Ok, so my dog Miles used to steal my underwear and drag it to his bed when I lived in a basement with him. Now I have an apt and he can't get into my room to steal my clothes anymore, but he used to steal my underwear every night, and sometimes he would even drag my socks, my shirt and the occasional pair of pants to his bed and sleep with it. :confused: I'm pretty sure he'd still be doing it if he had access to my clothes, he still does it sometimes if I leave my socks in the living room. If its just socks I don't mind but I'm really curious as to why?

Because they're yours :)

When Kharma was a baby she'd steal my socks -- never chewed on them, just stole them and carried them around and slept with them.

When she hit adolescence she started stealing my BRAS :rofl1:

To this day she likes to curl up on the spot where I was last sleeping on the bed. She even pulls the covers down so she can lay directly on the sheets.

I think they just want to be close to something that carries our scent.

filarotten

Fila the love
Cleo always found something of mine and slept by it while I was gone. Her pups do the samething. She especially loved to pull freshly folded clothes from the clothes basket and lay on them.

Skivvies

Tiffany does that too (and I also think that it's because the clothes have your smell on them). She'll steal stuff from the laundry and lick it endlessly. :yikes: She'll also take naps on any clothes that I leave out.

Members online