Raw Food Virgin

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

So I am a raw food virgin....until this evening! I got my raw food this morning. I am only going to try Magnus on it for now. I am going to feed the rest of the troops raw when I figure out if I like it or not. I am actually really excited to see how Magnus does on it. Right now he is on Prism and it is the only food that has not given him the crappers.

Should I start Maisey, (who is 4 months old), right now or wait until she is and adult? The vet figures she may have a food allergy because she has red eyes, dandruff and gas. What do you all think?

DanL

We started Daisy on raw the day she came home. Gunnar at about 5 months because we had only started to research it a couple months prior otherwise he'd have been on it sooner. Many breeders go from weaning to raw. For Daisy we had to grind it up for a few weeks till she was able to handle bones and bigger chunks. She's an old pro now at 5 months old.

What did you get for raw food? Prepackaged? or people food?

Food is a huge source of allergies. I wouldn't be surprised if Maisy is allergic to some grain in the food she's getting now. Many dogs have reactions to wheat or corn among other things.

Do as much reading as you can. There are many different ways to go about it and you'll need to find the one that is most comfortable for you and to see what works best for your dogs. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.