lost my Pitbull to Parvo

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am terribly terribly sorry..it happens so fast doesn't it. Do you have other dogs and have you taken precautions so that others are not exposed? bleach is the best for cleaning any area that has been contaminated..hugs

avenlee

I'm so sorry to hear that Doberman! My heart goes out to you. Smkie's right though you really need to disinfect the area and take precaution if you have any other animals.

showpug

I am so sorry for you loss. It is so hard to loose them :( I have to say it, even though you probably already know - Parvo Virus can live in the soil and environment for up to a year. Any place your pup went to the restroom or played etc. should be thouroughly cleaned with bleach. The soil outside is a lot harder to clean and decontaminate - so I would keep your dogs or if you get a new dog away from any area outside that your pup had been for a year. If you have other dogs, or want to get another puppy...keep it in mind I would hate to see you go through it twice. Again, I am SO sorry for your loss. Take care :(

bubbatd

had he had his puppy parvo shots ?? I've been wondering if any pup/dog who's had the shots ever got parvo ????

Doberluv

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. What a devistating disease!

I believe they can occasionally get it even though they've had their vaccines. I wouldn't get another pup for long time, until it's gone from the soil and outside. It would be very difficult to bleach everywhere the dog has been. That is a horrible virus.

Your pain will lessen with some time. I'm so sorry you're feeling like this now...so sad.

showpug

Puppies have to have a series of 3-4 parvo shots. Each individual shot is given 3-4 weeks apart, so dogs are generally around 4 months when they finish their parvo shots. One shot wont cut it...they need the whole series to be protected. How many did your puppy have? If your puppy completed it's whole series, it is still possible to get parvo, but not as likely. Parvo does have different strains and the virus has mutated over time. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to talk about it when you are ready. We are hear to listen and to help if we can :(

So sorry for your loss. That just plain sucks. I lost both my beloveds within a year from each other. It just sucks, that's all I can say. God bless...

Members online

No members online now.