What's the breed of my dog?

Magnif

I bought this pup for my wife from a local dog and cat rescue and they told me he was a Shiba Inu Chihuahua mix but I looked up pictures of that breed and they are too small and don't look the same.
They also told me he is around 2 years old, so he is fully grown and is the perfect size. From reading about Shiba Inu's I can tell he is definitely part Shiba but I need help figuring out what the other half is or maybe it is a mix.
His name is Redd and he has more energy than any other dog I have ever known, he loves attention and always wants to lay on you and put his face right next to yours. He almost seems like he isn't domesticated and chases and catches birds, squirrels and rabbits.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Maxy24

I don't think chihuahua is impossible, when you're mixing breeds the traits they get from each side is unpredictable. That said there could be some terrier or perhaps feist (I don't know where they are common). Can't really be certain of specifics though, likely lots of breeds in there!

Magnif

Thanks for your reply

I have actually been telling people that I think he is a Shiba Inu Terrier mix just because the pictures I found look similar than a Chihuahua. But yes you are probably right about there being lots of breeds in there.

Has anyone had any luck with the breed tests that you can do?

MicksMom

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some Chihuahua in him, either. Maybe with some Miniature Pinscher and/or Jack Russell Terrier thrown in.

Your dog seems to be a mixed of Jack Russell/Shiba Inu. He shows resemblance to a Shiba Inu in his 4th photo while his first photo, he looks like a Jack Russell.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
He does look like he has shiba, and chihuahua isn't impossible either. I also think of Jack Russell in some parts of the face and fur. Definitely a mix of various dogs, I think! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.