Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Omg! Winnie just hit 25 and she's turning three in November!!! Sometimes I wish she were chubbier because she's so pokey to snuggle.

Speaking of Winnie, she now wants to dress herself:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hannah is turning 6 in one month and she is 40 lbs. I have been waiting for 40 lbs to put her in a booster. The straps on the carseat were getting below her shoulders and she needed to get out of it but 40lbs just wouldn't come LOL

I have no idea why Everleigh is so huge. LOL My husband and I are both very average. I'm 5'6" and he's 5'7".

That picture of Winnie is hilarious!!! Too cute!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have no idea why Everleigh is so huge. LOL My husband and I are both very average. I'm 5'6" and he's 5'7".

That picture of Winnie is hilarious!!! Too cute!
She's a baby. It will even out eventually. Right now she's packing on the pounds and holding onto the baby fat but eventually she'll start growing vertically at an alarming rate LOL (alarming to your bank account because you won't be able to keep her clothed in the right size lol)

At the peak of Hannah's baby fat phase (in toddlerhood) she was 32 lbs and then suddenly she started growing upwards and she held at 32 lbs for well over a year, almost 2 years. she didn't gain a single pound but she just kept getting taller and taller and thinning out and losing the baby fat. I asked the doc what was up with that because I just didn't think it was right that she wasn't gaining any weight. the doc said it was totally normal because she spent the first two years packing on weight and now it was starting to evenly disperse over her body as she started to pile on the inches in height.

I miss the chubby baby phase... it's so cute lol.

Taqroy

MM-- I weighed Everleigh today. She's now 17lbs 5oz. Tank!
Wow! Falon is about 16 pounds and she's 22 weeks. Last time I measured her she was 24 inches I think.

The baby fever has hit with a vengeance and all the cute baby pictures are.not.helping. >.<
I have more! That'll help right? :p

I wish this one wasn't blurry cause I love it.

FalonFiveMonths8.25.2013-1115 by taqroy, on Flickr

Oh and Saturday we went to a baseball game with fireworks afterward. I thought it would be too loud for Falon (we were prepared to flee) but she LOVED it. She turned around at the first boom and then watched the entire show. It was so cute.

FalonFireworks by taqroy, on Flickr

This one just cracks me up (and this was probably the first time in a week she let me eat dinner without actively holding her - I hate teething).

FalonSing by taqroy, on Flickr

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ya'll are eeeevil. EVIL!

DH and I went over my baby name list last week just because and that seems to have triggered this round somehow. >.< Plan is still to shoot for 2015, but this round of the fever is quickly approaching the "baby rabies" phase and that's not cool!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ya'll are eeeevil. EVIL!

DH and I went over my baby name list last week just because and that seems to have triggered this round somehow. >.< Plan is still to shoot for 2015, but this round of the fever is quickly approaching the "baby rabies" phase and that's not cool!
I'm watching a midwife documentary right this second.

Blood... Screaming... Diabetes... Ouch!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I love, love, love babies but I cannot imagine actually having one and being responsible for it!! There's days I wonder if the dog will survive my supervision ahaha

I'm watching a midwife documentary right this second.

Blood... Screaming... Diabetes... Ouch!
LOL!
I'm the last person to talk to if you want to cure your baby fever. My pregnancy was awesome, labor was a breeze and, other than her traumatic five days after birth and the initial five weeks of screaming, my kid is a smiling, giggling, happy little obsession of mine.

Ok, so these are obviously old since my children are no longer babies...but I still wanted to share lol. I have so many better ones really but have no idea where I have stashed them :/

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Is there something really wrong with front facing baby carrying? (I mean like actual health reasons.)

I ask because there was this picture of two seemingly happy sleeping babies (and happy couple) walking in the park with their babies in those kangaroo carriers (facing out) on HONY and the comment section is like a war zone!!

facing out in a proper carrier (with hips and bottom in a seated position) is not really a big deal (as long as baby is old enough to hold head up) but those crotch danglers are not good for developing babies when they just kind of hang (front facing or not) though I am sure plenty of people will say they used them and had no issues...I personally would not.

I can never find it but there's a great website that shows why crotch danglers are bad, more so for the spine than the hips.

Even with good carriers like Becos and Ergos it isn't recommended to outward-face carry very often or for very long. It's hard on baby's back and on the person carrying the baby because the weight of the baby isn't leaning naturally against the parent's body. I'll see if I can find the link, but basically that's my rambling summation.

Members online

No members online now.