Camera People - help please! :)

Ok, I need a new camera desperately. I have one but honestly, the pics are about the same as my iphone so I dont even bother. I really miss taking actual pics that look good printed :/

For several years I had a Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Cian dropped it one too many times and it broke:( I want something similar to that. I dont want to have to learn all kinds of things, just a pretty basic point and shoot that takes awesome pics and is not pricey

Just for examples of what I am talking about, these were all just simple pics. Now, they are not spectacular or anything, but I want quality like this again, dont need more.

this was taken from quite a distance

this is fairly low lighted area

Actions

Well, I can probably stop posting random pics lol..I just miss the I dont know, depth? I miss my zoom too....nice clear zoom. And I could get good action shots.....

So help? Please?

:D

Barbara!

My point and shoot is a Canon Powershot Elph and I am very pleased with it. It was able to capture these:

So I would say it is pretty awesome.

Barbara!

Sorry, I accidentally double posted.... My Tapatalk freaked out momentarily.

Barbara!

It does have a macro setting. I use it occasionally to take photos of my fish because it does better than my T3i! Lol. The zoom isn't bad. It stays pretty clear for a reasonable range, and is a little "noisy" towards the end of the zoom, but still pretty clear. It doesn't totally blur out like most P&S's do.

Barbara!

I was zoomed all the way out for these two photos:

And this is the macro on my friends eyeball lol. It does better with my fish, but I don't have any of those on my iPad.

Equinox

I really liked my Panasonic DMC-ZS3 before it broke. Not for someone who wants to fiddle around with settings manually, but perfect for me when I really just wanted to point and shoot. I liked the color, the macro capabilities, etc. It does NOT do well in low light, however. But it is great for outdoor pictures, indoor stills with good lighting, and even dog shows.

The problem is that I doubt they still make the ZS3 anymore, even though I only bought mine new about 3 years ago. That said, I'm almost certain there are other P&S's from the same Panasonic series that are very similar.

Reviews for the ZS3
http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3957&review=panasonic+lumix+zs3

Flickr Examples
http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-zs3/

It has a 12x zoom lens, which was perfect for zoo trips!

Sunset

Beach

A headshot

Cat

Dragonfly

Dog show pictures

I have a Cannon Powershot SX130IS. Love it.....

from the top of this lighthouse....

I took this picture.....

Low light

Outside

Zoom
This (if you look super close you can see some white on the right river bank. Right above that is a bridge)

to this

Best I can guess, the bridge is about 10 miles from where I was

Then this (if you look real close, you can see the Manhattan skyline)

I know those lions!

To the topic at hand. If you liked the superzoom, get another super zoom. Cell phones are getting the point where there is not a lot of difference between them and the point and shoots. Some, yes, but its less than drastic for most snapshots. (image noise, poor flashes, no zoom).

To really step up, I like going big on the zoom. I had the S1 IS (3mp!) and it worked well. Still don't have similar zoomability with my dSLR. If you liked the Canon, I'd stick with it. The SX50 is new, so the SX40 might see a good price.

Members online