Do they make a treadmill for both?

Kilter

Looking at getting a treadmill for the humans in the house, because I'm not a huge fan of the cold, and here in the winter it can be tough to get out and walk with all the ice and snow. And usually we are snowed in for a few days where we don't get out of the house at all (note to self to bring the shovels in the house so we can dig out!).

At the same time it would be nice to have one the dogs can also use - I know they make special ones for dogs, but we would not have the space or budget for two treadmills in the house!

Will likely grab one used since it's one of those things that gets bought and used for hanging laundry on in most houses, but thought I'd ask if there was any bright person who had thought of that idea before - a dog/human friendly treadmill.... for small dogs I know it's not as big of a problem but Storee has a long stride...

chaospony

I know a few Afghan hound breeders who use human treadmills for their older hounds. Afghans have a pretty long stride too, so I'm sure you can find one.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
My friend who has a BC and a FCR just uses their human treadmill and as far as I've heard hasn't had problems with it.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
One of my coworkers is giving me a treadmill and I'm planning to use it for the dogs this winter since we will more than likely end up snowed in.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I know a few people who just use regular treadmills for dogs, so I'd say you should be fine

I want a treadmill so bad!! but unless I can somehow suspend it from the ceiling or sleep on it lol I have no room

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Find a newer model with a longer belt. The older ones can stunt a dogs stride but otherwise they work fine. I have a Dogpacer which I love, far more than my human mills, but its not for everyone and I can't run on it (as if I'd ever run. lol).

Members online