Charlie- German Shepherd

Malorey

This is my mom's stupid*** boyfriends German Shepherd Dog, Charlie. It is a very long story, but I no longer do anything with him. My mom's boyfriend basically ruind him, and I have no idea why he got him or why he keeps him. He does nothing with him, and he just keeps him locked in the basement or in his tiny outdoor kennel rain or shine all day. :mad: He is 2 years old, and I wish they'd get rid of him. Bring him to a shelter where maybe they could actually maybe help him, and be able to get him a good home.

The picture is from a while ago, just a little FYI.

Maybe this dog just need a bit of love and companionship from someone who cares!.Could you walk him from time to time,you'd be surprised how much good,it does to the dog's spirit and attitude!.
He's gorgeous!.

Malorey

I would, but he is too aggresive, and weighs around 120 pounds, so he could easily knock me over. :/

corgi_love

A friend of mines parents has a huge GSD they keep in a tiny run all day long except for it's daily walks. Not allowed inside. Extremely DA & HA because they never socialized him. It's horrid. Sad way to live.

My neighbor has one of those... poor thing is kept in a tiny section of the yard all day because he digs - he's kept there by an invisible fence. And I rarely see them interact with him except to yell at him for barking, and I've never seen them take him on walks. He barks a lot but he's always been friendly, wagging his tail at everybody that walks by, hoping for some attention.

There's a hole in our fence where my dog Maggie can squeeze through and she goes and visits him. They're really cute together and I have no intentions at this time of stopping her from visiting him (his owners don't mind)... I figure it's probably the happiest part of his day when he gets to play with her and he's never shown any aggression towards her.

Anyway.... I can definitely understand your frustration. It's sad to see a dog neglected like that.

Domestika

Geeeez. If it were me (and I have done this in one extreme case) I would "accidentally" let the dog out and "accidentally" call animal control and tell them the story and tell them exactly where they could pick up the "stray" dog.

But I am a renegade and I have no morals when it comes to helping animals I think are in danger or neglected.

I will also mention that the animal shelters here are NO KILL so no dog will be destroyed at the shelter. Period. I would not recommend this course of action in a city or town that destroys animal that are not easily or quickly adopted.

Maybe someone else could love that dog. Doesn't sound like he's getting much of it right now...and he's so young. He's got a loooong life ahead of him, and it sounds like a really, really sad one.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
God that is so sad. See if someone can rescue him.

Malorey

We too, here don't have any kill shelters.

The thing is I would probably end up getting in alot of trouble for it. :/ I told my mom she should get of him, and all she said was he is treated better then other dogs.

Poor Baby!!! There is nothing wrong with a kennel dog/or outside dog so long as he gets sufficient interaction as well as exercise daily. GSD'S NEED exercise especially a highline or working line. I would take him if I were closer.....:(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
That poor dog. :( He really needs someone to care for him, love him, and give him the attention, stimulation, and training he should have. I would really try looking for a home for him. I know you're not the person in "power" over your mom here, but I would really talk to her about this. What's the point of having a dog if you neglect its needs and barely ever interact with it?

Malorey

I was attempting to talk to her a bit ago because they have him in his Kennel in the pourinf Rain (Which mind you he has no shelter), and all she said was she counted like 5 other Dogs in their Kennels. I was like where? I never see any Dogs with Kennels, and if I do they all have a dog house.

Members online

No members online now.