Why that breed?

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I have Border Collies- and honestly, I don't think I had a choice. My sister got our first BC, Shadow, when I was 5, and we've had BCs ever since. I've had other breeds- I had a Gordon Setter and I've fostered Papillons, Aussies, one Pit Bull x (honestly I have no idea what princess was LOL!), and its never even been a contest- Border Collies are my breed. Flat out, no way I could go to another breed, at least not without a few BCs in my house.

Why BCs, why not any other breed? I actually don't know. Its in their soul, its in their eyes. They are the most awful, manipulative, headache-inducing, wonderful, beautiful and brilliant dogs in the world. That's all I can say :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Dobermans... uhh..... *cringes* .... initially because I liked their appearance. Thank god they ended up being perfect for me, because I got interested in the breed purely on looks alone.

Now, after being in the breed a decade, there's no other guardian/protection breed I'll seriously consider. I'm addicted... their almost freakish connection with their owners, their ego, their confidence, their sense of humor, the way they think... I love their tenacity and intensity, and I LOVE their innate sense of self-control and undying respect for their people. And their versatility, oh goodness, I LOVE their versatility.

No more herding breeds for me. Corgis were chosen because my husband loves them, and I have experience with the breed. But Revy will most likely be our last. Might as well leave the breed on a good note (Revy.) ;)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I fell into Boxers. We had a good friend of ours who has Harlow's older brother. I loved his energy, I loved how he was with kids and other dogs, and I love that he just chilled on the couch when he was inside. Harlow's litter was their last, and I knew she would be a great starter dog for the first that I would raise on my own.

I have no regrets what-so-ever. Bully breeds have always pulled on my heart strings. I love their build, their personalities and their sense of humor, and the smiles are to die for. I have no doubt we will always have a Bully in our home.

As for the herding breed, I've always known that a herding breed is for me. I've always held a special spot for them, even though I don't know which one I will end up with yet.

And the Vizsla. DoG, we knew as soon as I read the description to DH that that was the dog for him. We have met a few in person and that is just it. Originally he wanted a GSP, but it just didn't fit quite right. The V fits like a custom boot. ;) I can't wait to add that dog and watch it prosper in water foul hunting.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I've just always had Westie's since the day I was born. And the breed was just so perfect for me that it only made sense to carry on and get another one. And I hopefully will keep getting Westies, if not Westies then it will be another breed of terrier.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I wish Harleigh were a breed!

However, Labs (or Lab mixes) just seem to mesh so well with me. I love their goofiness and how they stay puppies for life, but also that they are just so sweet <3

Members online

No members online now.