Rotating Foods??

BSan

Anybody have thoughts or info on rotating dog foods. The person I buy my foods from (she sells better foods) rotates for her dogs every three months. I also just talked to another person who is going to do the same. It sounds like an interesting idea to me, as long as the foods are high quality, to balance whatever they could be lacking or getting too much of in one food. It also could prevent a problem if it turns out that something with the food later turned out to be not good or not balanced.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Well.. Riot gets this regardless lol

He wont eat one brand of food for more then 5 months lol

When he was little he was eating Innova,then he was eating Solid Gold, then he was eating Fromm Duck and Potato then he switched to Innova EVO, then we switched from that to California Natural, Now hes deciding that he likes Orijin better and will spit out his California Natural lol

IMO, as long as you can switch them gradually - its fine to rotate the higher end food around :)

I switch every 1-2 weeks. I buy two large bags of high quality kibble (right now its Orijen and Innova Evo) and rotate back and forth until they are gone then I get another two bags of the same or a different brand.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Anybody have thoughts or info on rotating dog foods. The person I buy my foods from (she sells better foods) rotates for her dogs every three months. I also just talked to another person who is going to do the same. It sounds like an interesting idea to me, as long as the foods are high quality, to balance whatever they could be lacking or getting too much of in one food. It also could prevent a problem if it turns out that something with the food later turned out to be not good or not balanced.
Look at it like this....If you ate cornflakes everyday for the next few months what kind of nutrition would you be getting out of that? Same goes for a dog eating the samething everyday, night, month, and year. A bag of brown kibble of wholesome goodness :yikes: . Variety is key to a dogs good long healthy life just like it is for us :) .

shortye

Have you thought about mixing? i mix Homestyle Select with Canidae Dry kibble instead of rotating food.

DoggyDaze

Formerly DoglessInSeattle
We rotate each day between two open bags of different kibble. When one runs out we go buy another brand. Currently eating Solid Gold and Royal Canin. Natural Balance is on deck and Orijen is scheduled to move into the rotation after that. We change cold turkey without any issues. I buy the small bags (4-5 lb) and keep them sealed as tightly as I can.

CeCe's daily raw meal alternates between chicken, pork and beef.

Her table scraps vary with whatever we are eating that meal.

Members online

No members online now.