She's Home!

I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow, but I couldn't hold my excitement in anymore! :)

Yesterday I picked up the newest member of my family from a shelter. :) She is six year old female and I was told she was a Borzoi mix, but I'm not sure. She definitely has a sighthound look to her but I'm not sure what kind, and she has an almost smooth collie look to her face. :) She is tricolour with a medium-ish coat and I think she's beautiful. <3

Health-wise she's in good health according to my vet, but she has a trigeminal (sp?) muscle atrophy bilaterally and we aren't sure why. She also has moderate periodontal disease so some of her teeth might need to come out but we're waiting on some x-rays for that. :) The lady at the shelter said nobody wanted to adopt her because of that and that made me sad because she is so sweet and calm and has such wonderful house manners. <3 She did so well for her rabies shot and nail clipping at the vet and everyone kept saying how beautiful and sweet she was - I was so over the moon! <3

I'm giving her time to settle in before we do some basic obedience training but she's so well behaved - already house trained and she gets along well with the other dogs and cats, and she has good leash manners. :) She is a bit fussy with her food but not bad - just gets a bit tense - so I'm going to do some research about how to work on that. Right now I'm hand feeding her out of a bowl because that's what the shelter hand out says to do.

I've decided to call her Nahla. :) I'm so happy! :) I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has been so kind on my posts with my questions - it's been such a relief to ask questions without getting mauled for my newbie-ness, haha. :) I'm really looking forward to sharing pictures and updates with everyone! :)

Members online