The Good News thread

joce

Well, we basically decided to overdose on Laxatone, in hopes that whatever it is passes. Best case, it will pass. Worst case, she'll go downhill overnight (in the case of cancer) and we'll euthanize tomorrow.
Ugh. I feel like its been months of pets being ill and passing. Taking my cat in again tomorrow am and expecting bad news.

Sending good thoughts your way!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I just stumbled across $100 sitting in my paypal account. That I don't remember putting there. And I highly doubt I did, considering I haven't used my paypal account in...a year or two? At least? But: HOORAY! I CAN PAY BILLS THIS MONTH!

On a similar note: 4Health has literally saved my wallet. It is a good canned food I can afford (mostly) to feed to Cynder, she can stomach it without being ill (although when I went to feed her she looked at me like..."This is not Pro Plan. I like Pro Plan. Where is my Pro Plan?"), it is chock full of kcal/can which means I have to get less food in her, and TSC said they would let me place an order with them to purchase in bulk so I can order a months worth at a time instead of going in every 5 days and hoping they have enough cans on the shelf. So now her monthly food bill will be around...$60 instead of the $100+ I was expecting. Small blessings.

Well, we basically decided to overdose on Laxatone, in hopes that whatever it is passes. Best case, it will pass. Worst case, she'll go downhill overnight (in the case of cancer) and we'll euthanize tomorrow.
*get the foreign body out quickly* vibes!

You and Ella are in my thoughts.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sending lots of good vibes. Don't lose hope yet!

Blackrose - is your fiance helping you at all with Cynder?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Annual parade this morning (it was a 2 hour long parade lol) and our church harvest party this afternoon. I LOVE Lancaster county in the fall :)

It's a large county made of of "small towns" basically. I love the small town feel at all of these events. Like when our veterans or servicemen march by in the parade everyone stands up and claps or when other groups march by everyone knows someone. Warm fuzzies even though it was quite chilly

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yes.

My throat doesn't hurt any worse than it did yesterday, woohoo!
Ugh. I feel like its been months of pets being ill and passing. Taking my cat in again tomorrow am and expecting bad news.

Sending good thoughts your way!
I just stumbled across $100 sitting in my paypal account. That I don't remember putting there. And I highly doubt I did, considering I haven't used my paypal account in...a year or two? At least? But: HOORAY! I CAN PAY BILLS THIS MONTH!

On a similar note: 4Health has literally saved my wallet. It is a good canned food I can afford (mostly) to feed to Cynder, she can stomach it without being ill (although when I went to feed her she looked at me like..."This is not Pro Plan. I like Pro Plan. Where is my Pro Plan?"), it is chock full of kcal/can which means I have to get less food in her, and TSC said they would let me place an order with them to purchase in bulk so I can order a months worth at a time instead of going in every 5 days and hoping they have enough cans on the shelf. So now her monthly food bill will be around...$60 instead of the $100+ I was expecting. Small blessings.

*get the foreign body out quickly* vibes!

You and Ella are in my thoughts.
Sending lots of good vibes. Don't lose hope yet!

Really hoping to hear from Jess in this thread today. :/

*vibes*
Thanks, guys. Nothing to really report.. we're both still alive. She goes to see another vet on Monday, and there'll be a surgeon in the OR waiting for her need be then.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
He is. I've put him in charge of paying off her vet bill ($400+, and that is without the acetylcholine receptor bloodtest, that, if we choose to do so, will add another $300 on), but he's also been putting the money he's making to paying off other bills/debts we've accrued (my ring, college, etc.).

I'm just having a conniption fit, because for all intents and purposes I should be fully capable of supporting myself and my animals without his help. It is about killing me that I can barely make rent, pay bills, buy groceries, and feed the dogs even though I am working a full time job and am responsible for only myself and my own expenses. I want to be saving as much as possible, and since that isn't an option for me, I'm choosing to not ask him for help so HE can be the one to save. So I just vent my annoyance here by complaining about finances. If it boils down to where I really have no money, I will of course ask him...but now I'm just choosing to not buy anything "extra" (like, warm clothes. Or books. Or fast food. Or the videogame I want) so I can avoid asking him. Even so, he doesn't make a glorious amount, either. (I think with both of our paychecks, we have a combined yearly salary of $40,000. Maybe.) When you only make $1,100 a month and $760 of that goes to bills...there isn't a lot left over for, you know, things.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I was at a horse event tonight and saw the woman that I rehomed my OTT standardbred to several years ago. She couldn't stop talking about awesome he is, how everyone in her family loves him and rides him, and how she doesn't know what she would do without him. She apparently had a nervous breakdown a while back and the horse has really helped her heal. She apparently gives him treats all the time and reported that he especially loves oatmeal and bread.

Considering he was *thisclose* to ending up an Amish buggy horse I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself and I couldn't have asked for a better home for him :)

noludoru

Bored Now.
He is. I've put him in charge of paying off her vet bill ($400+, and that is without the acetylcholine receptor bloodtest, that, if we choose to do so, will add another $300 on), but he's also been putting the money he's making to paying off other bills/debts we've accrued (my ring, college, etc.).

I'm just having a conniption fit, because for all intents and purposes I should be fully capable of supporting myself and my animals without his help. It is about killing me that I can barely make rent, pay bills, buy groceries, and feed the dogs even though I am working a full time job and am responsible for only myself and my own expenses. I want to be saving as much as possible, and since that isn't an option for me, I'm choosing to not ask him for help so HE can be the one to save. So I just vent my annoyance here by complaining about finances. If it boils down to where I really have no money, I will of course ask him...but now I'm just choosing to not buy anything "extra" (like, warm clothes. Or books. Or fast food. Or the videogame I want) so I can avoid asking him. Even so, he doesn't make a glorious amount, either. (I think with both of our paychecks, we have a combined yearly salary of $40,000. Maybe.) When you only make $1,100 a month and $760 of that goes to bills...there isn't a lot left over for, you know, things.
(((HUGS))) I didn't mean to be rude there, so I apologize if I was prying. It's to hear you worrying about all the issues with Cynder if there's someone else who could possibly help relieve the stress surrounding her health, but it sounds like he's definitely helping. Life sucks sometimes.

Ella ate kibble, drank from her water bottle, and ran around playing today. :D
So, not cancer? :)

Members online

No members online now.