Please welcome the latest Chaz foster dog...

Taqroy

Oh my, cutest mini ACD EVER. (Except for...all the other ones. Lol.) She is so adorable! I love it when rescuers unite. You guys are awesome. :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
This dog is an amazing find!

Today's update: she knows to sit for treats, she doesn't jump up or mouth, likes to give kisses, seems crate and housetrained, and walks decently on leash!

WOW! Not bad for a stray from rural NC, eh?!

k9krazee

Is it wrong that I want K9krayzee to have a whole herd of tiny acd mixes because it would be adorable?
Is it wrong that *I* want a whole herd of tiny ACDs :eek:

Funny enough, Crossbone has totally ruined (in a good way) DH and HE'S talking about a whole herd of herders. Never thought I'd see that day! I told him that it's not a decision we can make lightly, because if we got Seal puppy we wouldn't be able to get the puppy we were hoping for in a couple years, and he just said, "why?". (he was the one who came up with the 1 dog rule, then the 2 dog rule. Now it's just -- as long as the house doesn't smell like dog and we can still travel rule) :cool: He's even talking about us moving in the next year to a bigger house and bigger (flat, agility) yard situation.

Hillside

Original Twin

Funny enough, Crossbone has totally ruined (in a good way) DH and HE'S talking about a whole herd of herders. Never thought I'd see that day! I told him that it's not a decision we can make lightly, because if we got Seal puppy we wouldn't be able to get the puppy we were hoping for in a couple years, and he just said, "why?". (he was the one who came up with the 1 dog rule, then the 2 dog rule. Now it's just -- as long as the house doesn't smell like dog and we can still travel rule) :cool: He's even talking about us moving in the next year to a bigger house and bigger (flat, agility) yard situation.
So pretty much, you have the worst husband ever.

ZillyAPBT

Ok Nightly update lol

Seal had an excellent day. She continues to be a perfect angel in her crate. We did discover she has a bit of a water bucket obsession, and will drop toys and her blanket *given the opportunity* in the bucket. She loves chasing icecubes on the hardwood floor, and Tomatoes *little cherry ones* are great fun until you bite into them and then they make her sneeze, she still eats them tho.

She had a fair bit of yard play time today, and loose time in the house. She goes out easily with little prompting, potty's and comes right back to the door. No accidents so far at all.

She appears to know the difference between clothes and dog toys *YAY* and while she will pick up socks and whatnot, she will readily drop them and change over to a toy when prompted. Antler Chews and Fleece Tugs seem to be big hits.

I do have to say I am a bit sad that the shelter couldn't take the time to give her a flea bath prior to her spay Tusday. They didn't take her into surgery until noon, so I know there was time. She is in desperate need of a bath in general *can't do it for another week* And we are still battling fleas. I had hoped that whatever they put on her after her spay would work, but it's not even touching the problem :(

Due to the fleas, she is obsessively chewing on her back end. She's got a couple open hot spots that I'm treating, and she continues to pluck at her hair so it's very thin over her back and rear end. Good news is she seems to forget about it if you distract her with lots of chews and toys.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

Aww, Ken <3. You do need a herd of mini ACD's! I love her already.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Well, Miss Seal is at my house! She's every bit as awesome as Zilly said, too! :D

I do think she's going to be a normal sized ACD girly - she's already about 16" at the shoulder and I would guess right around 25-28lbs and still needs to gain more to be a healthy weight.

meepitsmeagan

The cutest little thing evar.

In case anyone was curious... she has a nub. She would fit into my crew so well. :eek:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The cutest little thing evar.

In case anyone was curious... she has a nub. She would fit into my crew so well. :eek:
LOL and it's not just any nub. It's the teeniest nub EVAR. It also wiggles constantly!

She got her nails trimmed this morning and in the process, the clippers got chewed, my hair got pulled, and she never stopped moving, but she certainly didn't mind it.

She has started "heeling" me: sneaking up behind and pinching my calves. Silly cattle dog puppies! She *is* respecting the "yipe" sound, though, which is awesome, because it's totally involuntary from me. LOL

Taqroy

She has started "heeling" me: sneaking up behind and pinching my calves. Silly cattle dog puppies! She *is* respecting the "yipe" sound, though, which is awesome, because it's totally involuntary from me. LOL
HAH, Tipper does that to Matt. It's hilarious (because it's not happening to me lol). Silly pup! I've gotta say, she doesn't look very tall in the photos, I thought she was more Mu sized (12 inches at the shoulder).

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I took Seal to the vet for a checkup today and she did great! The vet is an ACD person so was thrilled to love on her, she got a clear fecal result, and weighs 27.2lbs! :)

meepitsmeagan

I haz a Seal. Seriously busy day today, so no pictures as of yet. But she's here! She's super sweet so far!

I didn't want to bombard her with everyone at once, so she's met Rider and he showed her the ropes outside. She's crated with everyone in the dog room, but no meetings with the girls yet. Maybe tomorrow or the next day with all the activity she has had lately.

Members online

No members online now.