Going to meet her this weekend!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
So this week Matt FINALLY agreed to a second cat! I know I mentioned that the house might "come with" a cat, and I've started to sincerely hope that the owners take Ben with them, for many many reasons. Not to mention it's incredibly irresponsible to just move and leave a cat behind. I'm going to confirm with the current owners and make sure we're all clear on what's going on.

I'd started back in November or December, e-mailing around and putting the feelers out about an adult female ragdoll. I even posted about one here already, but that breeder gave me a really bad impression and I moved on. I've been talking to a breeder for a while now, about this female that has just had her last litter and been spayed, and is ready for a forever home. Her name is September, and Matt and I are taking the drive up on Sunday to meet her! I can't wait :)

We already talked to the breeder about the whole house thing, and that we think we should wait to take her until we've settled in a bit, and she's fine holding on to her until we're ready. Basically if we love her when we meet her, it's a done deal! WHEE!

Oh, and did I mention that she shares the same birthday as me? And September is the month Matt and I got married? (We'd probably change her name though... September is a bit of a mouthful).

I'm going to take a TON of pictures on Sunday, I'll be sure to update then!

Brattina88

she's gorgeous!!! :D I hope everything works out, I can't wait to see more pictures!!! :D
Oh, and for the name... What about just shortening it to Ember? :) Just a thought,

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I hadn't thought of that! Cute! Her registered name is "Autumn Glow" so there's potential there as well. Matt and I also considered names that are relative to our wedding. We got married at Trillium Resort, so Trillium (shortened to Trill) is top of that list atm. I like September, it's just too long for an everyday call name.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Well, she's certainly beautiful, but she isn't the cat we're looking for. She couldn't have cared less if we were there or not, she is BUSY (like WOAH), and doesn't seem to like being held.

I'm so disappointed. I'm glad that Matt is at least continuing to keep the door open for communication about finding the right cat for us. I was expecting him to just shut down and say "Okay, no cat then."

:(

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh that is too bad--but better to figure it out before bringing her home, eh? Now you know you can still search.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
It's definitely good that we figured it out before putting any money on her. Ultimately, more than not being a fit for us, she would totally overwhelm Buddy and drive him crazy! She would not be a good companion for him, which is the primary goal.

Members online