How much would you pay for a dog collar??

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
My personal preference is between $10 and $15 plus shipping. Most expensive was maybe $20 - before I found the awesome online merchants I use now (Love of Qwill on etsy and Trendy Hounds). I have 3 awesome inlaid ribbon ones that were originally $30 each, but were on sale for buy one get 2 free!! :D

Pops2

several years ago i paid $86 + $8 shipping (US dollars) for one from ugly dog ranch. it is 4 inch wide 2 layers of ballistic nylon custom sized at 23 inches w/ a riveted brass contact info plate.

ETA
the same collar now is a standard production size & costs $20 before adding the plate.

Last edited:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I don't think I could justify anything more than $20-$25. To me they're just collars, my dogs only wear them so I don't lose them... so while I want something cute, I don't see any reason to spend a hunk of money on them. Petsmart quality is good enough for me lol.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a collar... :p

I used to think expensive leather/custom/fancy collars were for purse dogs, but they are actually WELL worth the price if you buy from a reputable source. Fozzie's leather collars were $80 & $60, but they both still look flawless after 1+ years. I used to buy standard rolled leather collars from Petsmart or whatever, and they would last 1-2 years. I bought Gonzo a $50 rolled leather collar online from a really amazing leather company, and the difference is striking. This one only gets better with wear, and is unphased by constantly getting wet.

If they're going somewhere that I know they'll get filthy, like the trails where Fozzie loves rolling in unidentifiable substances, I usually throw on Lupine collars... but only because I don't feel like spending time cleaning the leather.

stellasmama

Proud Schnoodle Mama
My limit for Stella is $25.....she's harder on her collars that our Sadie was......Sadie....I would have spent more because they lasted her longer!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I would never spend more then 25$ You can't see her collar, and all I want it to do it to do is to keep her safe, we have a harness to walk her with.

Pits&Pugs

I would spend up to 50$....My guys only wear collars out to events and to the vet so I like to have nice ones...they wont get dirty because they don't have them on when they play....but I'm also always on the lookout for collars on the clearance rack too :D

This is probably the most expensive ...because it was custom made

Lisa @ collarmania.com is awesome

Last edited:

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Those collars are STUNNING Dizz. I think you should go for the teal one.
Also, if you can, pop into Harrods, they have an amazing collar section! It is to die for.

xpaeanx

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a collar... :p

I used to think expensive leather/custom/fancy collars were for purse dogs, but they are actually WELL worth the price if you buy from a reputable source. Fozzie's leather collars were $80 & $60, but they both still look flawless after 1+ years. I used to buy standard rolled leather collars from Petsmart or whatever, and they would last 1-2 years. I bought Gonzo a $50 rolled leather collar online from a really amazing leather company, and the difference is striking. This one only gets better with wear, and is unphased by constantly getting wet.

If they're going somewhere that I know they'll get filthy, like the trails where Fozzie loves rolling in unidentifiable substances, I usually throw on Lupine collars... but only because I don't feel like spending time cleaning the leather.
Is it getting wet with salt water or with fresh water?

Muffy isn't too hard on his collars... but he does LOVE to go swimming. I live right on the bay, but it's salt water and that's a general collar killer. Right now he has a $15 suede one from petco that is holding up all right... it's warn down in some places and the buckel part has some rust... It's not "pretty" but it works.

I was thinking of getting a paco collar or something... but I can't spend $100 on a collar to have it end up like the one he has on now.....

I know someone with a nice quality leather collar that is holding up amazingly... but her dog only goes into fresh water......

ETA: to answer your question Dizz, it depends on the dog. If I know a dog will have the same collar for YEARS than I don't mind spending $100 on it...

If I know the dog will destroy the collar within 1-2 years... than I'm a $20 and UNDER(like to stay around $10) person.....

So, for any type of cloth collar, I'd be more likely to buy something that's $10-15 than something that's around $40.

bubbatd

Mine last for years ( rolled english leather ) so I don't mind spending . Ollie's wearing my Bear's collar ...antique !

ACooper

Depends on the collar.

I adore all the pretty, colorful collars. I think they look FAB on other dogs, LOL....but I won't spend more than $15 unless it's a good, tough, leather collar that will last. I have paid in the high $60's for a tough leather collar :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I bought the pink skull one in a martingale - nice, pretty, but cheap enough not to care if (when) it gets filthy ;)

When I meet a rich bachelor he can buy her designer collars.

Saeleofu

I don't spend a lot on any single collar. I only use them when I take my dog out anyway. But, I do have a ton of collars and leashes xD

Members online

No members online now.