Beverly Pictures thread

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Madison is the SAME way. I have tried 3 or 4 different brands she hates them all. She would rather suck on her hands any day. When she was first born and in the hospital nursery she would use the Nuk one that they gave her, but then she started refusing all specifiers after I began breast feeding. I have always wondered how women get their babies to use a pacifier, lol.
Why would you WANT your baby too.... eek.. see too many dependant toddlers with deformed growing teeth.

YAK.

milos_mommy

Dizzy, there are pluses to it if you can wean them off of it before they start getting all their teefs.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Dizzy, there are pluses to it if you can wean them off of it before they start getting all their teefs.
I know there are some positives, but most people just bung em in the babies gob to shut them up.

They lead to all kinds of issues..... Most people don't use them wisely and as a short term solution, they don't look for WHY baby is crying, and you'll find these kids sucking on dummies at 3 years old, teeth coming through, bawling when they can't have the dummy. And it's not just the odd one or 2 parents... it's LOADS!!

Your decision at the end of the day, but that is MY opinion. Noone has to agree.

milos_mommy

i agree. nothing drives me more insane than a crying 4 year old and a parent who shoves a binky it's in gob to shut it up.

UH, your KID (not baby. KID) should probably be able to SPEAK to you and ASK for what it wants or needs by now....

ACooper

LOl yep. shes so much like me in how she acts its crazy she may look like him mostly but shes all me LOL.
And of course you know that her looks can and probably WILL change on a weekly basis, LOL

She may end up LOOKING just like you too! As soon as her dark hair lightens, and her skin lightens I bet you will be amazed at how much you both resemble one another ;)

ACooper

I know there are some positives, but most people just bung em in the babies gob to shut them up.
Well THAT is why I TRIED to use them! ROFL!! ANYTHING TO GET A LITTLE MORE SLEEP! hahahaha........but alas my boys were greedy and didn't want to be fooled.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Dr's say that pacifiers at night can actually help reduce SIDS as well.

and what is the difference between a toddler with a paci or a toddler that thumb sucks? Both are terrible for the teeth but the thumb can't be taken away.

and the paci's arent the problem... it is parents that don't want to deal with their kids.

Hannah uses one because she LOVES to suck even when she is not hungry.... and sucking helps relieve the pain of teething as well.

darkchild16

We are Home.
And of course you know that her looks can and probably WILL change on a weekly basis, LOL

She may end up LOOKING just like you too! As soon as her dark hair lightens, and her skin lightens I bet you will be amazed at how much you both resemble one another ;)
I dont want her to look like me LOL I like the fact that she looks like her daddy there needs to be some variation in my family LOL

Dr's say that pacifiers at night can actually help reduce SIDS as well.

and what is the difference between a toddler with a paci or a toddler that thumb sucks? Both are terrible for the teeth but the thumb can't be taken away.

and the paci's arent the problem... it is parents that don't want to deal with their kids.

Hannah uses one because she LOVES to suck even when she is not hungry.... and sucking helps relieve the pain of teething as well.
I use one for the same reason, she would suck my finger all day if i let her.

mjb

I would imagine any parent with a crying baby who can't be consoled would give her a pacifier if it would soothe her.

I had a kitten once who would suck on a blanket until he went to sleep when it was naptime.

mrose_s

BusterLove
on dummies: I was a dummie freak when I was little (still love the taste of them) but neither my brother or sister were mad on them.
I did end up having to go to speech therapy to correct my pronunciation though, which we think might have something to do with that.

I talk good now! lol

Members online

No members online now.