Do you like to fly in airplanes?

Do you like to fly in airplanes?

• Yes- I love it! I'd live in an airport and fly every day if I could!

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Yes- I don't "love" the experience but I look forward to it

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • I can only fly when I take medication and really prepare myself

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I don't like flying and refuse to get on an airplane

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I've never been on an airplane before

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Single serving of pretzels and a mini bottle of overpriced liquor

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I voted Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it!

I flew 5-6 times from when I was 2 years old to 4 years old. Dad was in Germany for the Army and mom & I flew to the states a lot to visit family then my sister was born and then she had an infant and toddler on a plane lol

I flew to San Antonio, TX a couple of years ago and was SCARED TO DEATH lol I white knuckled the seat til we got up in the air. The guy beside me said "First time flying?" I said "No but its been about 16 years since I flew and I am scared" He laughed and said "I'm here if you need me. I have bubble gum if you want some." He was VERY nice. He was some kind of sports writer from San Antonio that was on his way home from Atlanta after a conference.
Then when we were landing and there I was white knuckling the seat again LOL

But after I got off the plane I was like "WOW that was fun! Lets go again!" I had just watched Snakes On A Plane before I went on the plane and I think it freaked me out lol.

But I loved flying and I wish I could fly again soon. And a lot of people get anxiety when having to deal with just the airport but I loved that too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Lol I remember one time we went to Florida for my FIL's 60th birthday surprise party. This ended up being the last time we flew.

Our flight home was at 7 am. We got on the plane and I am freaked out. Finally we get up in te air and they come around to take drink orders. Hubby asks "what do you want to drink". I gave him the DUH look and said "whiskey and diet coke". He looked totally shcoked and was like "Tanya... It's 7 am.". My answer? "yeah... I am aware. It's 7am and I am on a frickin airplane.... I am having a drink. Time does not matter 10,000 or so feet in the air". LOL

The steward came to us and asked what we wanted and I blurted out... WHISKEY AND DIET PLEASE!!!! He just started laughing and said "nervous flyer huh?". Made me laugh and I just said "you guessed it. Now tell me, this isn't the first time you've had someone order alcohol at 7am right?". "oh heck no... Happens ALLLLLLL the time". LOL

Alcohol has a more severe effect 10,000 feet in the air too lol

CaliTerp07

I've never actually ordered alcohol on a plane, now that I think about it. Coming home from Italy we flew Air Canada, where alcoholic beverages are complimentary, but I had contracted some norovirus in Egypt and didn't feel up to drinking, so I didn't even take advantage of it!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I've never actually ordered alcohol on a plane, now that I think about it. Coming home from Italy we flew Air Canada, where alcoholic beverages are complimentary, but I had contracted some norovirus in Egypt and didn't feel up to drinking, so I didn't even take advantage of it!
Next time, I'm flying Air Canada LOL

The sports writer that sat next me on the way to San Antonio ordered a beer, I think, and it was like $8 or $9. I was like holy sh!t. I can go to a bar and get one for half that lol

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
LOVE flying. All of it. When I leave on Wednesday, my SIL was like "you MAY have to take the early shuttle when I go to work and have to spend six hours at the airport" and I was all :D :D :D

I love people watching at the airport. It's so fascinating. Everyone has different places they're going. Families, businesspeople... so fun.

Flying itself is pretty boss too. I love the excitement of taking off and landing. The in-between part can get a little boring and sore, though.

Teal

...ice road...
I've never been on a plane. Not because of any fear... just because I've never had a reason to get on one LOL

I predict my biggest issue, if I ever fly, will be being in close quarters with that many people for however long. I'm not good with people. haha

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
LOVE flying. All of it. When I leave on Wednesday, my SIL was like "you MAY have to take the early shuttle when I go to work and have to spend six hours at the airport" and I was all :D :D :D

I love people watching at the airport. It's so fascinating. Everyone has different places they're going. Families, businesspeople... so fun.

Flying itself is pretty boss too. I love the excitement of taking off and landing. The in-between part can get a little boring and sore, though.
Reading this post made me all gitty and wanna go fly :D

Now I need to find somewhere to go for the beginning of July, hmmm...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
The thing that excites me most about flying is knowing I'm so close to my destination!

I can't wait to get on a plane next week :D

Doberluv

I hate flying. I will go on one if necessary to go someplace that's important to me. But what I hate most is the excrutiating, stabbing pain I get in my ears upon descent. It's so extreme that I dread flying. I've tried all the recommended tricks and nothing makes a hill of beans of a difference. I also hate the TSA and I refuse to be treated like a criminal, groped, x-rayed, and otherwise tormented and exposed to radiation when I haven't done anything suspect. As far as the excitement thing...yes, I kind of like when it first takes off down the run way and begins it's ascent. It certainly crosses my mind about the possibility of some disaster...a crash, but I don't usually let that get the better of me, so that's not a huge issue. So, yeah...I avoid flying unnecessarily.

SarahHound

I love flying so much!!! I wish I could afford to do it all the time. I'd also like my own private aeroplane so I wasn't surrounded by people being sick and babies screaming!

Members online

No members online now.