Kitty Trouble

Sheba314

I have a 6 month old cat and she is SO BAD!!!! She gets really hyper and climbs the window blinds and completely tore up my moms christmas tree like 3 times! And at night i try to lock her in my room where her food and litter box is and every morning she wakes me up at 5 something scratching at the floors!!! it makes me SSSSOOOOO mad she just wont stop until i get out of bed and bring her over with me on the bed then she waits like 5 minutes and she does it again. I cant let her out because she'll tear up the house. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! ~**Shanna**~

Saje

Island dweller
LOL Welcome to the world of having a kitty.

My cat really responded well to her cat "tree". You know the ones made out of carpet. The only thing you can do is try and distract her with her own toys and games. Try and wear her out during the day so you can get some sleep at night.

As for the tree you could try some animal repellant like apple bitters. I've heard that works on cats too.

Maybe you should get an adult kitty next time. There's lots at the shelters that need homes.

Saje

Catnip can work wonders. At six months old your kitten should be old enough - or getting old enough - to respond to catnip. A little nip in the morning when she starts winding up might help.

And get her a cat gym. One with climbing posts and a place to hide - preferably covered with rope, or carpet as the second choice. (Cats prefer scratching on rope over carpet.) You can even put some catnip on the gym.

Some cats like to roll up and play in throw rugs, too.

Sheba314

Ok thank u guyz!!!! and about the catnip- wont that make her really hyper!? lol i mean this cat is crazy she starts running into walls and running under our feet! lol!!!!! And shes quite font of the toilet paper and bathroom sink drain... She will take them all over the house. She was out of a litter of 3 and a mother cat who were all strays. She was the most sociable one out of her littermates. after we got home she was my baby she never left my sight ...always following me if i sat down, shed be on my lap, if i layed down shed be on my chest sleeping. Then i left for a week on vacation and she grew kinda independant from me but she still follows me :) lol but n e wayz yeah thanks again for teh advise! ~**Shanna**~

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, thanks for the tip on catnip. My 1-year old is crazy. In the morning he runs through the house banging into things like it's a race. I'll give the catnip a try.

Members online