Saga is NOT a Doberman

Hillside

Original Twin
Ryan had the kids out this morning in the rain and ickyness and came back and annouced that Saga is not a Doberman. She is a Rhodesian Dirtback. He is always making up silly breed names for breeds. Border Collies are Scottish Monkey hounds because of those Taco John's commercials.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
My in-laws have a Rottweiler/Husky mix, and she had HUGE ears as a puppy (still somewhat now, but not nearly as disproportionate as it used to be). It honestly looked like someone took full, floppy rotty ears and stood them up like a husky's. So they started calling her a "Bat-Eared Rotsky".

I hadn't thought about that in a long time, and your thread reminded me of it. Haha! I also like "Rhodesian Dirtback". For some reason that name just really amuses me. :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
So um.... WHY is she a Dirthback? She was supposed to get a BATH today, right? Riiiiight????

ACooper

Well if Saga actually ENJOYED being out in the rain, she may not be a doberman! LOL

Rhodesian dirtback *chuckles*

Hillside

Original Twin
So um.... WHY is she a Dirthback? She was supposed to get a BATH today, right? Riiiiight????
She is going to get a bath before bedtime. Probably. On the plus side, she has gained a pound and a half since I brought her home.

Well if Saga actually ENJOYED being out in the rain, she may not be a doberman! LOL

Rhodesian dirtback *chuckles*
Well, if just her and I go out, she runs to do her business and then runs back on the deck to the door. If I am standing on the lower part of the deck, she runs back to me and runs back to the door, ala Lassie's "Timmy's in the well." If she is out with Django she will run around with him for while, though they both hate the rain.

Members online