The Never-Ending Game

With OC, too many to list! LOL Ronan on the other hand not so much. he knows the sledding commands, obedience commands and his only "trick" is "high 5!" oh ya and he will also tell a story on command....usually...gotta love unmotivated dogs :D

Both are stretched out on the tile floor dozing. We were out walking this morning and stopped in to visit Ronan's old owners at their shop so not only did they get a looong hike but they also got to run around a shop and greet customers.

Do any of your dogs (past or present) have titles?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer has his CGC, haven't gotten around to getting his ASCA ILP yet so we can compete in anything else.

Both dogs are sacked out; we took a quick turn around the wooded bit by the pool's waterfall on their walk this morning. They need a good run out at the park, but it's closed until 4pm.

Does your dog have seperation anxiety?

Osa does not have seperation anxiety when we leave. She is really good at being home alone. She does get upset if we are both walking her and one of us has to stop. If she poos fairly close to home, I will pick it up and run home to throw it away so I don't have to carry it and she won't walk anymore till I get back.

She is probably sleeping or chewing in her kennel right now or is playing with the neighbor and her daughter who lets her out around noon.

Do your pets love their grandparents (i.e. your parents)?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Considering we live with my parent's, yes.

All 4 dogs are sleeping in various places :)

With all the questions on collars, how many leashes do you have?

2 6ft nylon leashes
2 3ft leather traffic leads
2 8ft multi-functional custom-made leather leashes
2 26ft (i think) nylon lunge lines
1 nylon show lead
1 cotton practice show lead
1 lead dog handle
I think that's it...

Both are sleeping soundly beside me.

How does your dog ask to go out?

Xerxes

Mr Poopy
He whines like a 3 year old...most of the time though he just wants to go out because he knows that one of his "friends" is outside.

<home while I'm at work>

Did you hand feed at all?

yoko

when i first got yoshi she was starved/weak/scared and so just holding up food and water for her. but it was in a bowl and not really hand feeding i would think.

at home in my room prob sleeping on my bed

are the dog/dogs you have now what you had wanted/planned for before you got them?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Hmm. I'm not really sure what I wanted in a first dog, all I know is I wanted a dog. :cool: So, yes, Lizzie is SO much more than I could have ever dreamed for a first dog.
The other 2 "new" ones, no way! I NEVER saw myself with 2 goldens as my second and third dog. lol *sigh*

Walking in the living room.

What's your next dog going to be?

Hopefully some type of LGD although there are also a few other breeds swimming through my head that I would be more than happy with... ;)

OC is trying to convince Ronan to play with him by smacking him in the face with his paw...

Does your dog demand its dinner?

Toller_08

No, not really. She just waits patiently for me to feed her, and then when I do, she gets super excited.

She's running around the family room like a maniac right now.

What's your dog's favourite thing to do?

OC: reep attention from every living being around
Ronan: working

Coming back in from a run around outside..or a pee break...not sure because my mum let them out...

If you were to become a breeder, which breed/mix would you focus your energy on and why?

Plushie

Husky Mom
Most likely a pom. I love their fuzzy bodies, multi-colored coats and personalities. Poms are my favourite breed.

Sindra - nursing her newborn pups. *will post pics when I find my camera* Jack - sitting at the gated off dining room staring at Sindra on the other side. Dawson - laying down in the kitchen, waiting for someone to walk in and 'drop' some food. Arson - sleeping on my bed with Dottie. Dottie - sleeping on my bed with Arson. Charolette - walking around the house boredly. Jake - following Charolette.

What would you do if your best (human) friend became a BYB(not that they would, just a question)?

Try to educate them without being rude but if they were persistant in continueing to breed, let them be and let the friendship fade because ti would make me wonder where their morals lie...

Sleeping somewhere

What is your dog's favourite toy?

OC gets along famously with other dogs but Ronan is touch and go. He doesnt act out agressively towards them but if allowed to actually go up and meet a dog its a toss up which way he will go. Wierd thing is, its not driven by any one specific factor (ex. if the dog tries to be dominant, if it is male/female, if it is neutered or not, etc). It simply is either he likes that specific dog or he doesnt. A male neutered dominant black Lab might come up and he loves it and within the same day another male neutered dominant black Lab of the very same age and temperment could come up and he hates it *shrugs*

Still passed out

Has your dog ever detsroyed anything valuable?

mrose_s

BusterLove
no, he was always pretty good.

Obsessing over the cat

Why did you pick the breed of your first dog? Or if it was a mx, why that one?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
The first dog I picked myself was Sarama. Honestly, I was in PetSmart to by algae tablets for my fish tank . . . but the rescue was there, so I wandered back to pet the doggies . . . and there was this lovely little brindle, lying there quietly, watching the world go by . . . they asked me if I'd like to walk her, and despite attempts to prevail to my common sense, I said yes. So I walked her to the store nearby where my fiance worked . . . he came out and we talked for a moment about not needing a dog right then while she lay down at our feet and looked at us with big brown eyes. I don't know if it was the eyes or the quietly laying down, but I decided I'd be damned if I was doing to let this lovely little dog go back to the shelter . . . and so . . . Sarama

Outside, gobbling venison kibble with green tripe and an egg

Does preparing your dog's food feel like a chemistry experiment?

yoko

not really. it's pretty simple :)

cuddled up eating her bone

what's your favorite outdoor activiy to do with your dog?

Sledding or dryland training!!! There is no greater thrill than being pulled along by a team of dogs while the world whips by and knowing that if your leaders wanted to, they could easily dump you and do their own thing, but instead they respect your commands, listen attentively and keep you safe. Its exhillerating, its powerful and it really makes you appreciate the power of your dogs! Second to that would be hiking - just me and my dogs in the way early morning with the dew still evaporating and the morning chill turning your cheeks red and not another human or dog around.

OC is trying to convince me to play (bringing me toys to throw) and Ronan is being lazy

What is your dog's favourite kong stuffer?

Salmon - she just had some last night and was still licking it this morning.

At home asleep in her kennel.

What is the one thing that your dog does that you love the most?

Members online

No members online now.