What Would You Do If ?

scout1

what would you do if someone offered to buy your pet from you for a million dollars ? would you sell them ? even if it wasnt a million dollars , but enough money to get you out of a severe financial crisis or get you out from under a huge debt would you consider doing it ?

i have in the past worked 3 jobs to keep a roof over my family's head and food and clothes on the table and our backs. never once did the thought of selling or even re homing any of my animals come into my mind. we have a huge amount of debt right now and we do our best to keep afloat. the htought of selling my animals to someone just so i can pay off this debt is a disturbing idea to me. my animals make my home a place i want to come home to. no amount of money in this world could ever take their place.

Doberluv

I would, dogs have an uncanny ability to find their way home and for most people Lino isn´t worth the stress
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!! That is priceless. I love it!!!!

Yeah....I'd give it some thought anyway. LOL. There are those times when......LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
have been offered moeny for Bronki more than once..and Victor is starting to turn heads as well..not for any sum for any reason would i part with my canine friend.
I did that one time..not for money but because i was in a bad place and thought someone else could give my dog a better life..i was young and didn't understand that the bond between us was more important than any farmlife..in the world. IF i could go back and undo one thing in my past..that would be it.

No way. Not just because I'm selfish and want to keep them all with me (don't get me wrong--I am!) but because there's something wrong with someone who would pay a million dollars to get one of my dogs. What are they planning on doing to him? Not love him and snuggle him, that's for sure. Put him in fights, maybe? Eat him? :eek:

There isn't enough money in the world to make me stop caring about what happens to a dog after they leave my care. They're my family, and they rely on me to choose what's best for them. :)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Never ever not once in my line of business at races and such i am constantly get money offered for one dog or anouther or even at times a full team but i always turn them down. To them they see money on legs to me I see not only winners but bestfriends and family im not willing to give up. Money can be a problem but I never even consider selling one of my dogs.

joce

I probally would have sold my corgi for a ton when she was younger. If someone would have shown her it would have been great for her because she was born for it,but for any other reason no. And she is a little too old now so shes stuck with me!

I would nevcer give my dobe up. Hes only five and I'm already dreading him dying :(

scout1

i am happy to see that i am not alone. frequenting other boards of dog and animal lovers it really made me upset to read how many people would actually consider it and do it if it meant that they would be freed from any debt they had. i look in to my pets eyes and realize that some of them would be dead right now had i not taken them in. the thought of turning around and selling them just for some money makes me extremely upset.

it is a sad fact that everything nowdays is about the almighty dollar. :(

Renee750il said:
There's not enough money in the world!

I do, however, have a sister I'd be willing to let go for a real bargain price . . .
Me too! It's a two-for-one extravaganza! But wait, there's more! I'll throw in an aunt at no additional cost! That's 3 annoying relatives for the price of one! :D

bonster

Disappointed :(
There is no way I'd part with my dog for any amount of cash.
I wouldn't enjoy a penny of it, wondering what she was doing, how she was...

Taking off to an empty field or deserted beach and watching Bonnie run happy and free - especially knowing she's already spent a year in a shelter and time before that neglected/wild, is truly priceless and something I can get lost in and never tire of... so simple and beautiful to watch. For sale? No!

Emma, Renne -- I have some relatives for the collection too!! Maybe we could put them on eBay ??? People seem to buy anything on there :D :D :D

If I had just came in from getting Princess back into the house after her getting out and acting like a dog with a hearing problem and someone offered me a million dollars I'd consider it! But then I'd look at her and wonder what on earth is wrong with this person willing to spend that much money for her. What's in it for them....and of course I'd say no. I'd be very happy about my decision until the next time she got out, put on the deaf act and ran circles in the neighborhood....then I'd be saying "I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE MILLION!" :)
What can I say, she's my brat and I love her.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Gus will probably make me a million dollars one of these days with all his antics! :D But to sell him!! NEVER! He is my baby! Wouldn't sell him for all the Tea in China as my mum would say!

Amstaffer

I wouldn't , I couldn't. One time when I was walking my dogs (Amstaffs/Pitbulls) some shady looking characters pulled up and offered to buy my Male. He is a real muscled young male and I think they wanted him for fighting or breeding. I said no and took a turn away from the road. Ask I walked I thought to myself about what it would be like to sell either of my dogs. Just the thought of it made me sick to my stomach. Not only because I would miss them but you would never know how they would be treated. My dogs have never known anything but love and kindness....going to a cruel or even cold home would shatter them emotionally.

Members online

No members online now.