Pet store addicts/window shoppers?

There are people like this with hardware stores and such - browsing thru the aisles, bickering over overpriced things, playing around with useless crap they won't actually buy, pondering what to actually get if anything....is there anyone here that does this at pet stores? LOL I do!

It's a good rainy/when you've got nothing better to do day activity - I go in, walk thru the aisles, look at food, read ingredient labels, go thru the toy sections, balk at how expensive easily destroyed plushies are, fish thru the sales bin for something decent, peruse the cleaning products, look thru the poopbags, clickers and leashes. maybe wander over to the cat/small animal section for a peek then I usually leave with a small bag of treats or a clearance kong airdog ball :lol-sign:

The one I frequent is literally just a few blocks away from the house so it's super convenient location wise, It could have better educated staff and a less awkward environment for dogs - bully sticks for sale in a low bin right on the floor...good for teaching "leave it" I guess xd. I also venture out to Petsmart, Bosley's, PJ's pets, and a few other local chains....

I prefer the hominess of the more neighborhood adjacent stores - but I like the "warehouse"/super center feel of the big ones like Petsmart. The PJ's pets sells reptiles, birds, kittens (erm...kitty mill??), small animals, and has a koi pond/fountain in it as well - so that's always fun to check out.

Assamiea

I do this all the time at the larger stores like Petsmart or PJ's. I do have a small store near my house but I feel like a creeper spending more than 10 or 15 minutes there. The staff aren't super friendly and basically think you're scoping the place out if you spend a long time in there. The Petsmart's near my house have the friendliest staff and if I'm browsing I usually get onto conversations with at least a few employees.

The PJ's pets sells reptiles, birds, kittens (erm...kitty mill??), small animals, and has a koi pond/fountain in it as well - so that's always fun to check out.
The last I hear about PJ's kittens is that people that have unwanted kittens can "donate" them to the store and PJ's sells them off. They try to make it out more like a rescue than a sale but if you have $200+ for a kitten you can have it.

CaliTerp07

Yup, I go to petco on rainy days or 100*+ days to get Lucy out of the house in a more bearable way. We never need anything, but I always come home with some new treat or toy!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I typical don't stop by Petsmart unless I'm actually buying something...but if I have time to kill, I have no problem with spending quite a bit of time in the store looking around at things. LOL I almost hate doing that, though, because I'm constantly bombarded by employees asking me if I need help with anything. Nope, just looking.

K

Kaydee

Pet shops are a blast to window shop!!!! The boutique places around here are ridiculously marked up, but if I see something great I explore the brand online. That's how I found Stella and Chewys n' Buddy Wash. A guilty pleasure is Sophie having a collar in different designs and tags for every mood...oh and sturdy cat toys, there's one called Cosmic Carrot that they fight over, need to get a few more.

Kilter

I do the same at the bigger stores, sometimes will take one dog at a time and do training in one section of the store, work on stays, etc... I was doing that one time and the petsmart gal came over trying to sell me classes. Told her I interviewed in that store for teaching the classes, had years of experience and didn't get hired so assumed their trainers were likely not qualified to teach me much (I've heard that many times and seen 'students' from petsmart, not impressed).

The store I do love as far as products and prices, I usually do not window shop in, if I HAVE to go in I work it like a timed event, know exactly where I'm going, grab what I need and get out. The staff in every store is pushy, a bit rude and hey, if I want help I'll ask, I don't need the same lecture every stink'n time I go in from the SAME person who clearly doesn't listen because I've told her the same thing ten times (for the cats when they were on dry food, I had several brands and types I used and would switch based on what was on sale and what was in it, while looking at labels every time she'd come up and ask if she could help, then ask what the cats were on, then inform me that you cannot switch brands of food with cats). In every store it was the same thing, a staff would almost be on my shoulder the whole time, now I avoid shopping there.

Lyzelle

I don't think there are many local pet shops around here, if any. Mostly just Petco. But I do go in there a lot and look around.

I want to spoil Zander so badly with toys and collars and treats....but he's so darn picky it makes it impossible!! I've only taken him in a few times. He's pretty skittish/easily excited, and he slips and slides all over the floors and that just winds him up more. Occasionally I'll mess around with the idea of getting him bathed and force blown, but he screams the entire time and then the store hates me.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know better than to go window shop at pet stores, cause I know I'll buy something :p

Jessie and I went to Petco when I was in FL, and asked to play with the ferrets... one inparticular, if he didn't have a penis, would have "followed me home"

Members online

No members online now.