The story of Abby

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post the story about how we found Abby.

We had lost our lab/brittney spanial "Ike" He died. :( My daughter, Jaime was 8 and my son, Brandon was 2, they missed Ike so much!!!

I looked all over the place for a new puppy. I went to several humane societies all around the state to find the right puppy for us. I also looked at some purebred dogs from different breeders in the area. I really wanted to adopt a dog that needed a home, so I kept being drawn back to the humane society.

On one of my many visits, I saw two 6 week old puppies, one male and one female, that had been abandoned, and were both injured. I went back to visit them several times. Well, the female was Abby. She was so adorable, and very sweet, a little timid though. Well, about a week later, I decided to take her home, and was approved by them to adopt her. My whole family was thrilled!!!

A few days after we brought her home she got really sick. We took her to the vet and found out that she had the Parvo virus. She almost died!!! She was at the vet for a week on iv's. It was a miracle...she made it!!!! The vet told us that she wouldn't live to be an old dog probably, and would have hip problems, and arthritis.

Well, as you all know, Abby lived until Monday night, and she was 13!! She was the most loyal, kind, gentle, smart dog ever...I could go on an on!! LOL I loved her so much.

I will post some pictures of her. She was a special little soul.

Dena :)

Members online

No members online now.