Latest work *13 pics*

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
This is just some of the sketches and art things I have done latley. I have had a bad habit of not completing my work latley so forgive the ones that aren't completley done.

Some Lucas drawings:

On this one I messed up on the eyes:

Not really Lucas but a mal...it's kinda messed up

More of a funny. cartoon drawing:

Some Pencil drawings/sketches:

Anime person

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
A bee *wink*

An insane cat....note the mouse in it's right sleeve:

A skull flag:

An Ink drawing:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Colored pencil/Markers:

Horse (I messed up on the mouth):

Aliens and monsters:

Just a design:

Some other art:

A tree:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your getting better and better Bblues. There are a couple excersizes that would really help you make a leap that might suprise you.
One is breaking down a face, don't matter what kind, human, dog, cat, horse, all to geometric planes i start around the eyes. EVerytime the surface changes, you figure out the plane. THere are alot of them.. It is hard to do but fundemental in understanding "how to express shape".
Then to draw fur (not as anally retentive as i am about it..good grief) but always in the direction it grows. THat goes for feathers too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I wish you could see how many half started not finished i have around here! YOur work is so well done, you have strong graphic sense and a fabulous sense of design. I hope you don't think i was criticizing because i would never ever do that, just thought i would tell you what my teach told me:) No matter what i did, they had an excericise i needed to do.:rolleyes: I always considered them a challange and usually ended up appriciative..that is once i stopped cursing them while i worked my way through.;)

WE have a slabber for clay at the guild and i keep thinking what if i did some tiles and then soaked some paper and ran it through with a blotter, i don't even know where to buy linolium anymore but it ought to work with clay tiles as well, at least it seems it would in theory.. We did that when i had a printing class and the paper turned out so cool. Have you ever tried that with your lino tiles?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
smkie said:
I wish you could see how many half started not finished i have around here! YOur work is so well done, you have strong graphic sense and a fabulous sense of design. I hope you don't think i was criticizing because i would never ever do that, just thought i would tell you what my teach told me:) No matter what i did, they had an excericise i needed to do.:rolleyes: I always considered them a challange and usually ended up appriciative..that is once i stopped cursing them while i worked my way through.
Oh no! No way! I really do appreciate all the advice and help you've given me :) The only reasons I just said "thanks" is 1. I wrote a bit long things like THREE times and every time it never posted! GRR! and 2. I just got sick of writing so much and felt a bit down....so yeah. But thank you for the advice :)

WE have a slabber for clay at the guild and i keep thinking what if i did some tiles and then soaked some paper and ran it through with a blotter, i don't even know where to buy linolium anymore but it ought to work with clay tiles as well, at least it seems it would in theory.. We did that when i had a printing class and the paper turned out so cool. Have you ever tried that with your lino tiles?
No I don't believe I have but sounds interesting!!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks everyone :)

suzanne118 said:
Great pictures, were they your dogs u drew? they are fantastic
Thanks. :D The first and thrid one (it's a cartoon drawing) are of Lucas (my dog) :)

Members online

No members online now.