The Venting Thread

I almost had a dog :(

An 18 month old, small, fuzzy breed that has been on my "short list" for quite a while now. I fell in love with her when she came in & was diagnosed with a big old stone, and then today she came in to be euthanized because they couldn't afford the surgery & she was blocked. Doc said he'd do the surgery for me for a severe discount if I wanted her & I coul pay it off at a slow rate. Called Chris & he said he was all for it (I love this man. I was certain he'd say no.). Called the owner back - nope! If she can't afford to save the dog, no one can have it. So I had to hold the poor little thing while we euth'd her instead. I am heartbroken :(
That happened to me once when I was still a vet student. Cutest little scruffer with an immune mediated condition that was manageable but the owners pretty much just didn't want to put up with side effects of medication. Just so heartbreaking and frustrating, I do not and will not ever understand the mindset.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Why do I set myself up for all these projects. Don't I know better. The kids are not cooperating and don't want anything to do with them now. Savannah is cutting teeth so shes fussy which is cool but the other two are making it their mission to **** her off worse. I just wanted to have fun with you guys and your acting like little devils.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I am starting a 7 day carb cycling tomorrow to shake things up a bit. Ugh. I don't eat much anymore and there is so much food to eat. Yuck. I know, this is a horrible first world problem to have.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Its a Smirnoff kinda night. 'Nuff said.
Oh god how I wish I was there.

Go on that walk with her :) Wrap her leash around your hand and know she's with you . . . she just isn't leaving marks in the snow. (((((((HUGS)))))))
Renee... this made me bawl like a baby, but I agree.

ETA: This has been an emotional day. I'm not exactly sure why but EVERYTHING has made me cry. I watched the video that was on Chaz this morning about the bulldog that was bouncing on the trampoline, holy moly that was insanely funny. But then I watched Soldiers Coming Home videos for 4.5 hours and bawled like a baby. Then I tried to perk up and play fetch with Mickey and we were outside, I threw the ball, he ran to go get it and tripped over a tiny stump and did a full flip, I paniced and ran to him, he jumped up and started running playing and had the "Why are you at my level" face cause I was sitting on the ground trying to get him to stay still long enough to make sure he was okay and I was crying like a baby because when he flipped he landed on his butt and made a whelp noise. Thankfully the vet's office is literally a half a second drive from my house so I took him there just to make sure he was okay and he was. But it scared me to death so I cried. Then I talked to my nana (mom's mom) and I started crying for like no reason. Then I talked to one of Michael's baby momma's (whom I have grown to love and she is one of my best friends) and I cried on the phone with her cause her son, Jadon, talked to me for about 2 minutes and said he missed me, daddy misses me, and nana (michael's mom) wants to see me. THEN I tried to go to sleep and got to thinking about my old horse who I found out yesterday had to be PTS due to colic. Yea... not the best day.

Lyzelle

Its a Smirnoff kinda night. 'Nuff said.
I raise you a SoCo & Coke, good woman. :cheers:

My sleep schedule is screwed.

Jin got a guitar this paycheck, so things fell a little short. I figured he'd be happy with that and we were going to go see Skyfall. I was really, stupidly excited. He wanted games and a munchie run instead, so that's obviously fallen through.

He still wants a Vita and 360. Obviously annoyed because I NEED a kennel for Zander, and the need is definitely more important than MORE gaming crap.

We got home today and while I was cleaning up the kitchen he said he was going to play online. Then we'd watch movies and play games and relax. I finished the kitchen an hour ago. He shows no signs of getting off anytime soon.

SoCo & Coke and the computer it is tonight.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I think it's part of it Dak. I've been doing that for the last while, especially if someone says something kind to me.
I am now over the stress of everything that has happened in the last month and have forgiven everyone, and now I'm just in sad/cry mode.

Oh god speaking of being kind, grandma was talking to me earlier and was talking in the kindest old lady voice you've ever heard and was saying how smart I was, how I have such a big heart, how forgiving I am, and how happy I have become since I got here... Sweet baby Jesus I cried like someone turned a faucet on. She has said this stuff before and its never made me cry but good gracious.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Oh, I know! When my friend's mom (at the late Thanksgiving party) told me I was coming to their house for Christmas I almost lost it.
Pretty sure I would of lost it.

See my crying mode didn't start until Friday night and even then I only cried like 30 minutes, then I didn't cry at all yesterday, but as soon as I woke up this morning it was like BAM CRY BITCH CRY!

Lyzelle

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I think my sage stick is weed. It doesn't smell...right.

Talked to my brother recently and he says Indy has been having seizures. Sigh. I told my mother over a year ago to get her checked out and have bloodwork done. She told me I was a know-it-all and brushed me off. This is so ridiculously frustrating.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I have to drive Jeremy 40 minutes out of my way to work in the morning then turn around and drive another hour in the OPPOSITE direction then either back to my house and drive back in to town later to bring him home OR drive a hour into the town he works in and keep the kids entertained while we wait for him to get off. All to take Morgan to a dr's appt. This could be EASILY remedied if they would work with him and let him come in 2 hrs later and stay 2 hrs later. It's not a job that is dependent on others to do and theres no reason they can't do that. YET this is the kicker they are trying to talk him OUT of moving to a store 10-15 minutes from our house AND with a manager that will let him do things like that in the rare times we have to.

It also means I have to take all 3 kids to the Audiologist ALONE and we have never been there and I have to get Morgan THROUGH the appt. I think it's going to be another Smirnoff night.

Another day of Driving Miss -- and Mister Crazy.

She's getting really frustrated with me now that I'm not falling for the sweetness and light one minute, rip your heart out and eat it raw the next. I've been amusing myself, listening to her bitch about dad acting out and throwing tantrums -- when she's 1000X worse and then keeping a straight face and making comments like, "I'm just ignoring all the tantrums; I'm not rewarding the attentionwhoring." It goes right over her head. :rofl1:

Hey, gotta take your fun where you find it.

Members online

No members online now.