My weekend started out fine, until.........

Doberluv

I had a blood pressure of 60 over 20 something. :eek: My daughter, some of her friends and I were at a mahvelous hotel lounge in Seattle....the posh kind where they open the door for you, a real, live piano player in the corner and everything. lol.

The drinks were $13 dollars which were atrocious, until...................we found out that Micheal, the mahvelous bartender made them like a north Idaho drink...2 shots. He was a real mixologist and made his own concoction out of ginger and some other liquers. Delicious. He let us sample a little taste of this and that. But seriously, honestly, I only had about the equivelent of 2 1/2 or 3 drinks, but in a relatively short time and on an almost empty stomach...had hardly any lunch.

Anyhow, I was NOT drunk, I swear to you....not even buzzed. We split the most stupendous hamburger and got up to go the to restroom when suddenly, I felt over whelmingly dizzy and squatted down so I wouldn't fall down. I did not get to feeling better and felt increasingly crappy. So, they called 911 and I lay on a couch right there. How embarrasing. No sign of heart attack or stroke...totally coherrant but almost non existent blood pressure. Then I threw up in the ambulance in a bag thing.

Anyhow, long story not so short, after a couple bags of IV fluids and anti nausea meds and potassium (which was very low) I felt better pretty much. It turns out I am hypothyroid which was not likely the cause of the low BP. Maybe it was a combination of very little sleep the last couple nights, even a little alcohol on an empty stomach, oh and strong coffee before the drinks...and I forgot to drink much water at all that day....was dehydrated.

So, whew! Yours truly is still alive, had Jack in the box breakfast and am set to lazy around all day and watch movies with Emily.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Ah shame! That's horrible for you. Glad you are feeling better.

LindaJD

Glad you feel better, take it easy today.
Not to hi-jack your post but, do they put the prices on the drink menu where you are? They don't here, but I believe they are trying to pass something that says they have to.
My husband and I go out for appetizers and drinks at least once a week and I hate that the prices aren't on the drinks menu. There have been a few times that the drinks are really expensive and now I ask before I order, my husband laughs at me, but honestly I don't want to pay $12-13 for a drink someplace when I know I can get the same margarita at my usual watering hole for $4.00.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Yikes! Is it possible you have low vit B6? That will do a number on your blood pressure too. When I was pregnant they had to give me shots of it to keep my bp up.

Doberluv

Romy, I doubt it. I take vit. B complex every day....a couple of times. Plus, I eat every vegetable known to man in huge amounts. LOL. But it was scary because if it gets as low as 50 (systolic), death results. I really think it was dehydration mainly. The medics and the doctor didn't think low thyroid would have caused this. But I believe it can cause low blood pressure. But perhaps they meant not likely to cause this acute and severe reaction. I still feel awful tired and wiped out...forgot to take my blood pressure when I was getting my RX darn it. I was wondering what it was now.

Izzy! What happened? What the heck? Our week ends were NOT suppose to turn out like that. I hope you're okay as well.

Oh Linda, some places list the price and some not. If they don't and I suspect it might be more expensive than most places, I'll ask. My daughter was self conscious about my asking one time, like, Mom....shut up. But I said, I WILL ask. I don't have to appear to be some hugely wealthy person who doesn't care. I do care and I will most certainly ask. Anyhow, this place did list the prices of types of drinks but it was a fancy hotel. But her friends said Micheal the bartender was so fun and nice, so it was worth it. LOL. So I thought, ok...one. But he made it like two, so that's like $6.50 a drink, which is typcial (average) around here., plus he gives out tastes of things for free. He'll make anything you want, even if it's not on the menu and just makes it fun. I'm glad this happened in there rather than some of the other places we go. I had a nice couch, carpet, huge, uncrowded lobby like place with a grand piano wafting out soothing music. lol. Anyhow, I don't think it was the alcohol in itself, but a combination of things. At least I hope so, not that there's something wrong going on that hasn't been discovered. I was instructed by the ER doc to make an appointment with my doc next week and get checked out.

Thanks everyone for your sympathy and for being glad I'm still here. LOL. Everyone needs a little of that when they're feeling crummy about something. (((hugs))) to you.:)

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Had a gallbladder attack at 5ish am Friday morning. Considering that a severe one feels like a heart attack, that's actually why I went in. I'd never had one before and I don't like to go to the doctor unless I'm dying but OMG pain. I ended up there for almost 10 hours between the blood tests, ultrasounds, and xrays. Best guess is a virus or passed gall stone caused the attack. All I can say is that morphine is a godsend

Glad you are still with us! And of course, thyroid can help cause your BP to go nuts, especially along with dehydration, booze (especially in tandem with sugar laden mixers) on an empty stomach . . . Probably a whole lot of aberrant chemistry going on there!

Doberluv

Glad you are still with us! And of course, thyroid can help cause your BP to go nuts, especially along with dehydration, booze (especially in tandem with sugar laden mixers) on an empty stomach . . . Probably a whole lot of aberrant chemistry going on there!
That's what I think it was...although, I'm sure I've had those combinations of things going on before, but I guess what affects you one time one way isn't always going to be the same another time. I'm still feeling kind of weird, just a little bit...kind of weak. But I'll be seeing a doc next week.

Thanks guys for your care and concern. (((hugs)))

Doberluv

Had a gallbladder attack at 5ish am Friday morning. Considering that a severe one feels like a heart attack, that's actually why I went in. I'd never had one before and I don't like to go to the doctor unless I'm dying but OMG pain. I ended up there for almost 10 hours between the blood tests, ultrasounds, and xrays. Best guess is a virus or passed gall stone caused the attack. All I can say is that morphine is a godsend
Sounds horrible!!!! Terrible pain is the worst. It must have been scary to think it might be a heart attack. And I agree about the morphine. No wonder people get addicted to drugs like that. I had it once when I had surgery on my nose. Wonderful stuff. lol. I'm glad you're okay now though. I've heard about gall bladder troubles but haven't had any yet.

Members online