17 South African Boerboel Puppies born

Lolas Dad

Dog has litter of 17 puppies on Gawkk

Whats your thoughts on the mother dog. Is she a mixed breed?

I'm curious because these people are going to be selling the dogs for $1000 each. You would think that they would have had buyers lined up already but maybe they are backyard breeders and therefore backwards when it comes to stuff like that.

Anyone know these people they are in Columbus Ohio.

Xandra

Not watching the video, but maybe they had buyers lined up for some of the puppies... not expecting there to be SEVENTEEN?
lol that's what I thought!

Though it would've shown on an ultrasound that there were plenty, if they got one, but I don't know how early that shows.

I figure she must've gotten decent prenatal care to give birth to 17 healthy pups.

I don't think the mom looks like a mix?

That said I still get BYB vibes from them, for what that's worth lol

Grab

Not crazy about the mother and litter being housed outside (kids are in coats when visiting the puppies). With a litter that size I'd think you'd want them close

~Tucker&Me~

Holy crow, poor momma.

Can she provide milk for that number? Will they need to step in and help?

I also got BYB vibes... Though I am hoping for the best =/

Saeleofu

Though it would've shown on an ultrasound that there were plenty, if they got one, but I don't know how early that shows.
Ultrasounds are terrible for counting.

I would think even an x-ray would be one big confusing mess with that many puppies in it LOL

Xandra

Ultrasounds are terrible for counting.

I would think even an x-ray would be one big confusing mess with that many puppies in it LOL
DUH that is what I meant. lol I was picturing that thread recently on here that had all the skeletons. My brain just doesn't work right sometimes :p

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Well, technically Boerboels are mixed breeds. ;)

They have only recently been recognised as a breed here in South Africa.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I'd say she looks like a Boerboel.

For those concerned about the outside setup, it is in a garage at least which MIGHT be heated. (The kids would have worn coats to go from house to garage) There is also some type of light in the box? Maybe for heating purposes. The pups looked pretty comfy to me at least. Although I too got byb vibes from them, but at the same time it's hard to judge from a two or three minute interview.

bubbatd

Having 12 pups were plenty for me !! After they were weaned that meant at least 50 poops a day to clean up !

LilahRoot

Having 12 pups were plenty for me !! After they were weaned that meant at least 50 poops a day to clean up !
Woah. That really puts things into perspective.

I would never get a dog from someone who kept the mom and puppies in a garage, but that's just me. It screams BYB to me.

bubbatd

One of our garages was just off my kitchen . Really was the dog's room and was perfect to set up a whelping area and playground for puppies . The door to inside was usually kept open with a gate when they got older . I kept a cot out there and stayed with them the first week .

Members online