Always hungry

Demonic Angels

always raining
Ever since I switched my cocker to Innova (and she only gets a cup a day) she's always hungry! She wolfs it down in less than 90 seconds, and looks at me like I'm starving her...is that normal????

LOL!!! Oh, that's completely normal. She's not starving. She just likes it. Charley thought Kharma was "starving" like that too. He waited until one night when I had a horrible case of the flu, then after he'd asked me if I'd fed the dogs (I had), he waited until I doped myself on Theraflu again and proceeded to feed her like he'd always fed his Dobermans . . . He fed her until she didn't want anymore . . . at least 5X what she was supposed to eat.

About 2:00 a.m. SOMEONE woke me up to tell me that Kharma was acting like she felt sick and had already had diarrhea once (that SOMEONE left for me to clean up) and she was acting like she needed to go out again . . . And I had to take her out again at 3:30 a.m., and again in another hour or so . . . and again . . . (and SOMEONE wondered why it took me a couple of days to get over the flu :rolleyes: ) So . . . the moral of this story is . . . Don't believe her when she gives you that "you're starving me" face ;)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Hannah has always acted the same way and I feed her what is suggested for her weight. I think some dogs just act like that though. She will eat all her food as fast as she possibly can and then start looking for more food immediately afterwards. She tries to eat sticks and just about anything else she can find laying around. She has always been like this though and she is not starving in the least bit.

Herschel

Hannah, I think that's a common trait for labs. A friend of mine has the exact same situation with his dog trying to eat anything that moves..or doesn't move. :)

If Molly just ate what the feeding chart says to feed a 65 pound dog, she would be a skeleton. She eats about twice what it says on the bag, plus a ton of assorted rawhides, buscuits of several types, and whatever else, and is on the slightly skinny side. King eats about 1/3 what she does, and he stays on the slightly skinny side. Nervous energy keeps her skiiny, I guess.

Not that I ration it anyway, the bowl is always full of Cal Natural Lamb and Rice. They eat whatever they want. I haven't had an even plump dog since I started doing it 25 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.