Bamm Smells bad

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
He threw up the other day and rolled in it and now he stinks so bad.

I've given him two baths and I scrubbed the area where he threw up but I can't get the smell to go away. Every time he comes near me I swear I want to gag from the smell.

Anyone know how to get him to stop smelling? He really hates baths and I've already given him two so I don't want to give him another one

For the "rolled in dead fish/covered in guts/yummmypoop" rolling.. don't even ask how I know this LOL.. we do the "Skunk Bath". I use a litre of peroxide, a small box of baking soda, some dish soap (couple of tablespoons).

Mix all the ingredients, wet (hose or shower) rotten/disgusting/sad eyed beagle/husky oops... your dogs coat liberally. The baking soda tends to separate out a bit, but I pour the whole conconction on said bad dog, and wait as long as possible (10 mins usually). Rinse, shampoo or condition with your regular shampoo. You'll have a clean/bright white LOL dog. Don't use this one the face.. just a mixture of baking soda and water mixed to a slurry will help on the nose and face.

Prepare for the sad face of woe, after bath zoomies, and a less smelly canine companion. Oh.. just make sure the collar you have on.. doesn't matter.. peroxide tends to remove the colour, and can make tags feel funny.

Good luck!

Oops. sorry.. didn't read the part about not wanting to bath him again.. if that's the case.. I'm baffled. For sure this works though!

Last edited:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Spray him down with water/vinegar?? I spray all the dogs stuff down with it and it helps neutralize smells.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Sweet. thanks so much everyone. I'll definitely try some of those ideas out... I feel bad telling him to go away whenever he wants to play because of the stench, but I honestly can't handle it for more than a minute or two

Well . . . . I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis, BUT . . . the one and only time Shiva ever got herself skunked it was late at night -- like close to midnight -- and there was no way I was going to do a de-skunking bath outside at that time of night, especially since it was chilly, and getting her into that tiny little shower at the farmhouse was totally out of the question, so . . . I sprayed her lightly with Febreeze :eek: It worked.

Members online