Do you like your dog's smell?

bubbatd

Ollie really doesn't have a dirty odor so is usually snuggle proof . If he does stink it usually means ear cleaning time .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
AFter a bath ..yes in deed ..2 weeks later..not so much.

Giny

If you mean doggie smell, the funky smell that emits from them if they've passed their bath due date, no, I don't particularly like the smell. Might be because I'm a groomer, and it shames me. lol

If you mean that doritos smell they get from their feet, now that's a different story, I LOVE that smell. lol

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I looove how Tucker smells... I'm always telling him he smells good. lol. I think his coat just picks up smells around the house. I can't pinpoint what he smells like, but it's kind of potporri/candle'esque.

Rylie and Chloe don't really have any smell... their feet smell like fritos though. lol.

Rory always kind of has an earthy smell... it's kind of comforting, like grass or hay. lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Seriously though, when they're clean the paps don't smell hardly any. However Nard, beau and Mia gain the slobber smell because they bite and lick each other all the time. Mia smells far worse than the other four, I'm not sure why. She gets a weird 'sharp' smell to her... that's all I can come up with to describe her. Of course about half the time she's covered in mud and gunk so that might be it. :rolleyes:

But none smell as bad as some dogs I'm around and regardless any 'dog' smell is comforting to me.

Do your dogs get the 'dogs that have just been outside running around smell? I don't know why but mine smell funny when they've been outside.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yes. Especially when he's clean - a few days to a week after a bath and he doesn't smell like soap anymore, just like himself. I love that smell. It's so reassuring. I love how he smells. I like dog smell in general. I've been away from Middie for two weeks now, and the only thing keeping me from racing to the airport and getting a flight home is being able to snuggle Sawyer and Vegas and smell their doggy smell. I love how clean dogs smell.

Amber

I loove Junior's smell. It's so..comforting. Amber smells like an old dog, though, which makes me sad. You know that smell of old dog?

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Abby smells like a wet hound...which right now she really is! LOL As it is raining here...

In all honesty, my mom had a whole house full of keeshonden at one time, and one Abby smells worse then a whole household of keesies...AND my mom had carpet, and we have hard wood floors...that should tell you how strong Abby smells.

The BF gets on me when I complain and says, "She's a dog, she's going to smell like a dog!" LOL I'm like...but the dogs I was around NEVER smelled like that. Spitzes usually don't have a doggy smell.

I mean...I get that, but I would be much happier if he bathed her more then once every three or four months. I probably would be inclined to cuddle with her if afterwords my hands and clothes didn't smell like outside dog. Which is strange, because Abby only goes outside to use the bathroom!

I would bathe her if she trusted me, but she doesn't really and I don't want to freak her out.

Amanda885

i do..mine's not a smelly lil guy, lol.
however, i loooove the way he smells after we give him a bath, his oatmeal shampoo smells good! :)

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
All dogs have an odor. It's just whether YOU can smell it or not ;)

Most people would probably say my dog doesn't have an odor, because it's not strong at all. But I can also smell when a nurse gets an IV catheter into a vein from across the room, sooooo :rofl1:

I guess I should clarify. Everything living has an odor, but my dogs do not have an odor, let's say, like a Bassett Hound. That was what I meant. You don't walk into my house and immediately know BY SMELL that I have dogs ...

BlueChaos

Uno doesent smell, its a weim thing and overall very low maintanance, I usually just wipe him down with a wet paper towel and hes all clean.

Paige

Let it be
Love it. Bandit hasn't had a bath in at least a year and a half. His coat is beautiful and he smells wonderful.

Members online

No members online now.