it okay right

nedim

I dont think so... Maybe its just scratching though? Fleas maybe?

pitdog

nedim said:
I dont think so... Maybe its just scratching though? Fleas maybe?
it might be that he is teething but the man at the pet shop said he probably
it does then again he aint a vet

nedim

Well, petshop dogs tend to be poorly bred and are sold for the money, not necessarily for the joy they bring. I would say go to the vet. Also, give the pup some toys to chew on in case he/she is teething.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
didn't you get him from your uncle? Your uncle should know better than anyone if he could have been in contact with flea and ticks. Flea and tick stuff shouldn't be used on a pup this small (I'm pretty sure not even the flea and tick bath should be). I've heard dawn dish soap works pretty good. He should probably go to to a vet though seeing as he is so young and is already seperated from his mother.

nedim

juliefurry said:
didn't you get him from your uncle? Your uncle should know better than anyone if he could have been in contact with flea and ticks. Flea and tick stuff shouldn't be used on a pup this small (I'm pretty sure not even the flea and tick bath should be). I've heard dawn dish soap works pretty good. He should probably go to to a vet though seeing as he is so young and is already seperated from his mother.
Isnt dawn a bit too powerful for a pup his age?

poeluvr

yea i think a pet store clerk just told him that...coincidental...lol..he probably had frontline in the other hand and was just about to sell it to him

Doberluv

Yeah....you can't use flea stuff on puppies. Be careful. Give him a bath with some baking soda in it and a mild puppy shampoo. Be careful of his eyes. And I agree about giving him some good chew toys. He may just be bored or nervous.

bubbatd

I just thought of something....what about his shots ??? Did your Uncle get the 1st set ??? Maybe it's vet time !!

nedim

bubbatd said:
I just thought of something....what about his shots ??? Did your Uncle get the 1st set ??? Maybe it's vet time !!
Ah, you beat me to it! Lol

pitdog

i did get it from my uncle then i brought him to a pet shop not i got him from a pet shop

Adrienne

Make sure you don't bring him around any other dogs or to places other dogs visit. Parvo is such a serious illness, especially for pit pups, they are exceptionaly prone to it. If you do bring him out for socialization make sure you carry him until he has had his vaccinations.

Members online