Need some help!

SaraB

Here's the deal. I stumbled upon this dog on petfinder the other day and immediately felt like I had to help her. So I contacted my favorite rescue, got some things put into motion to bring her in as a foster, however, we've hit some roadblocks. Bringing her up through one of the transport runs isn't an option due to some variables (timing, location, boarding, etc), so we are going to have to do an independent run for her. She is located in Stover, MO, my husband can get her to Kansas City. At this point, I am planning on driving down to KC on Sunday to get her, however, I would really like to cut as much off of that trip as possible due to financial reasons. She is technically a private rescue with me paying for her pulling fee, transport and food at this point. Vet is covered, thankfully.

Can anyone help? Can anyone drive her from Kansas City as far north as possible? Also, does anyone local to that area have a crate my husband can borrow?

I never ask for things like this, but this girl has been in animal control for over half her life (10 months). That's just not fair.

ACooper

I am obviously not in the area for transport....but I'd be willing to kick in $20 or so for gasoline if someone has a paypal!

I agree....over 1/2 her life in "the system" is terrible :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm too far east to help with the driving, but I think I can spare some to chuck in for gas too...

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
check the craigslists for each area where she will be passing through, post on the Pets section and the Rideshare section. its riskier because somebody COULD run off with her, but you could just try and see what you get

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have a dog friend in the KC, MO area who might be able to help - what day/time? She's off Fri/Sat usually.

SaraB

I am obviously not in the area for transport....but I'd be willing to kick in $20 or so for gasoline if someone has a paypal!

You rock! I don't know how to do things like that, but I do have a personal paypal that I'll post once I have a plan in place.

I agree....over 1/2 her life in "the system" is terrible :(
You rock! I don't know how to do things like that, but I do have a personal paypal that I'll post once I have a plan in place.

I'm too far east to help with the driving, but I think I can spare some to chuck in for gas too...
Awesome!!

check the craigslists for each area where she will be passing through, post on the Pets section and the Rideshare section. its riskier because somebody COULD run off with her, but you could just try and see what you get
Not willing to do that. At all.

I have a dog friend in the KC, MO area who might be able to help - what day/time? She's off Fri/Sat usually.
Thinking it will be Sunday, I have to work on Saturday and can't get it off at this time.

I can offer up myself as a travel buddy if you'd like? :p If it's just Sunday.
I will totally take you up on that! Right now, yes the plan is to just drive down there Sunday and back in the same day.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ok, she def can't do Sunday and would need gas monies otherwise, but she's willing to share it amongst her local friends if you're game (she's my best friend, I'd trust her friends). Just PM me the details and how people can get in touch with you and I'll forward it to her.

SaraB

Ok, she def can't do Sunday and would need gas monies otherwise, but she's willing to share it amongst her local friends if you're game (she's my best friend, I'd trust her friends). Just PM me the details and how people can get in touch with you and I'll forward it to her.
Awesome. Right now we don't have any official details, my husband is evaluating her tonight and I'll put together a concrete plan after that. Facebook is really the best way to get ahold of me as the messages go straight to my phone. So you can give them that contact info.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm (obviously) in the wrong direction, but post your email for paypal and I'll throw some money towards you for whatever (gas money/pull fee/whatever)

SaraB

Okay! What time do we leave? And are you bringing any of your crew?
It would be early Sunday morning. I would have to take one or two of mine, Dex is watching one or two. Probably leave her zip and Zuma. I think Zinga is coming into heat, easier just to bring her.

SaraB

The lady had my husband evaluate the wrong dog. 4 hours out of his way to look at the wrong dog. The manager is sending me video tomorrow thankfully. ARG.

Members online

No members online now.