Rolled leather collars

JacksonsMom

Where are the good ones?

I think I want a more plain, yet still classy/nice looking collar, for Jackson. I think he'd look nice in a tan rolled leather collar.

I saw a few on ebay but didn't know if they'd be nice. One was $11.99.

Wouldn't really want to spend over $20 if I don't have to.

But any favorites or sites recommend?

Dog Expert

The DOG GUY
This might sound funny, but I havent used a collar on my dog in years. I am a dog walker and he is with me all the time. When we go out I have used a correction lead on him mostly (which is just a thick chain at the end rather than a leather or otherwise collar). I have just found that collars encourage most dogs to pull.

That said, none pulling dogs, very small dogs or old dogs dont all do well on correction chains. I have also recently changed over to a martingale collar chain which is a brilliant compromise!

JacksonsMom

This might sound funny, but I havent used a collar on my dog in years. I am a dog walker and he is with me all the time. When we go out I have used a correction lead on him mostly (which is just a thick chain at the end rather than a leather or otherwise collar). I have just found that collars encourage most dogs to pull.

That said, none pulling dogs, very small dogs or old dogs dont all do well on correction chains. I have also recently changed over to a martingale collar chain which is a brilliant compromise!
It's not for walking -- he walks on a harness. Just for tags/looks. :)

Brattina88

I get a cheap top law one from the local pet store when I first got Bailey and I love it. It's held up through everything and is still in nice shape, is soft and hasn't needed conditioned or anything. I picked up a second one in red just in case, but I really really love the rich brown color. I think Jackson would look good in one :D saves the creases in the hair, too ;)

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
I just got mine...erm, Sienna's LOL...at the pet store. Pestmart or Petco, I can't remember. It's lasted for 4 years and still looks new. I think it was around $15.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I have a Circle T that I got 50% off for like $12 something for Simi, it's pink, and I love it. She doesn't wear it because it's just a tad too big, but so far it held up nice to the month or two she actually wore it around and all the mud/water/playing/chewing she did in it.

GoingNowhere

Boo has had a petco (or petsmart??) rolled leather collar for 5 years and it's doing well. She wears it nearly 100% of the time, so it's had 5 years of solid use. It's clearly "used" now, but it's holding up just fine. I like it and I certainly liked the price.

Members online

No members online now.