Do your pets ever hurt you?

I have my fair share of bruises and scars. My worst one is nasty rope burn that I got when Duke and another dog where playing and the other dog had a retractable leash and next thing I knew rope burn. Its been over 3 months and it still looks like I got it a week ago. Thats not gonna go away.

A

Angel Chicken

Ahhh, my Kona. The lovely tug-o-war queen.

Her neck has some muscle and strength to it since we play tug alot.

So far, I have had a black eye from a rope toy, bite marks from her missing the toy and getting my hand..

She had head-butted my nose on several occasions.. I am constantly waked with her tail.

And my fave, she pulled my wrist out of socket playing tug.

Who know a 30 pound dog could do so much damage?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When Victor is in his jumping on the bed mode you need to beware. I went in there once and came out with a black eye. Renee said to remind him he was a pointer not a boxer.

W

whatszmatter

where do I begin, I have scars on my arms and hands both sides from playing, I've got punctures in my stomach from our 20 lb cat deciding he needs to jump from a dead sleep on my stomach to the top of the TV 10 feet away, I've had my testicles pushed up to my throat teaching recalls, knocked out tooth from drive building exercises, and probably some more I don't remember off hand.

Bimmer is a real gentleman and always has been. The Riot Grrrrls are careful with me and make sure they don't do anything that might hurt me. Charley, however, has been damaged a few times. Shiva has run into his knees (which are very fragile), and both she and Kharma will run right over him when he's on the couch and aren't too careful about where they put their feet. When he's been cranky with me, Kharma seems to make it a point to put her big foot right in his groin ;)

Saje

Island dweller
Nanook has hurt me a lot. She scratches me all the time. When she wants my attention she paws at me and comes close to scratching my face. She loves to poke me with her nose and always tries to poke me in the eye. She even bit me once but it was an accident.

Roxy's CD

Hades thinks he's a 60lb lap dog. So he'll come running at you sitting on the couch, fly and land right on your stomach. Other than landing heavily on internal organs though, nothing else.

Roxy is a rope killer. The knot has hit me a few times in the face. She also climbs on top of you, an 80lb lap dog. The worst is her SOS pads, yano the skin underneath their paws. LOL. Every morning she greets me with a huge hug in bed, but her co-ordination in the morning isn't all too great. SO a lot of the time, I get an SOS pad on the face, when she's meaning to put her paw over my shoulder. LOL

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Our heads collided once and he gave me a bloody nose.....friggin' ox.
Oh man, that just reminded me of what happened some years ago. I hadn't long had my nose pierced and I had a straight pin stud in my nose temporarily when I happened to be playing with my sister's Silky (RIP Bexley). Well Bexley thrashed around and head butted me right on my nose, sending the stud through the centre of my nose. OUCH!!!!!!!! It pinned my nostril closed. LOL And hurt like you would not believe! Makes me tear up just thinking about it. Hahaha!

Cass.

I have a Chow. At night I like to crawl in bed with my laptop, turn the tv on and relax...never fails, she gets the zoomies. She jumps off the bed, runs into the hall at high speed, quick u turn runs back to the room, jumps back on the bed sliding as she turns to jump off the bed, in the hallway, u turn...if I'm not quick to move I become a victim.

I also learned the hard way about long leashes on walks and rabbits! When a Chow takes off at high speed to catch a rabbit and your not expecting it....well it doesnt always end pretty. I've had to pick myself off the ground more than once.

Dani

Ninja Dog
Bear's never hurt me, other than the odd whack with a paw lol. She nearly made my sister run into a fence one time though. She was chasing rabbits while on leash... not a good thing considering her size!

Members online