What green vegetables for puppy?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Our breeder said he feeds his dogs green vegetables besides kibble and raw chicken. What green vegetables are good?

Thanks, I'm new at this. Barb

Mordy

Quigleyfied
basically any veggies (not just green ones) except onions are okay.

spinach, beet root/greens, leeks, sweet potato, okra and swiss chard are very high in oxalates, so i'd recommend not feeding them raw in high amounts. cooking solves that issue.

as for the raw chicken - keep in mind that boneless meat needs to be balanced with a calcium supplement. it's also a good idea to feed a wide variety of different meats, not just chicken - and preferably with the bones. :)

candy722

I think all the veggy i give Toki is already in his dog food. His not stupid anymore. He won't eat carrots or any veggies. He only wants human food (meat)

bubbatd

Haven't found any vegies Chip doesn't like...cooked. I keep wanting to cook up a bunch of baby carrots to use in his Kongs instead of something more fattening.

candy722

I've never heard of veggies chip? Where do buy that? I think TOki will need some of that. THe only veggie I think he get it is his bake biscouts.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I like the idea of carrots.

Candy722, I think it's veggies and Chip is the name of the dog. It was cute how you could think it was veggie chips like potato chips.

I purchase a bag of stir-fry for my dog, and place a serving in with her raw meal. The bag of stir-fry has carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts, green beans, peas, baby corn, red bell peppers, and may be another item or two. I had tried to feed her vegetables in their "big" size and she would eat a little before she would walk away from the bowl. :mad: I have since cut the vegetables using a food processor. It seems the smaller sized vegetables are easier for her to eat. ;)

bubbatd

Barb, thanks, that's what I meant...but veggie chips would be good !! Might try a bunch of sliced carrots in oven to dry...will let you know ! Like the idea of stir fry too !

Members online

No members online now.